Trading Assistant - Shift
Create an alert for jobs like this
Be the first to get notified when new jobs are added
You can unsubscribe at any time.
- £12 to £13.15 per hour
- Part Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 222181
- Posted February, 13, 2024 4:18 PM
Job Description From Sunday 2nd March 2024, the starting rate of pay for this role will increase to £12 nationally and £13.15 in London Love food and prefer to work overnight as part of a...
From Sunday 2nd March 2024, the starting rate of pay for this role will increase to £12 nationally and £13.15 in London
Love food and prefer to work overnight as part of a team? Then look no further. We’re an impressive 24-hour operation, open all day and working through the night to make sure our shops are ready for whenever our customers choose to shop with us.
As a Trading Assistant you’ll be focused on replenishing stock, checking dates across our fresh produce and grocery products as well as helping unload deliveries. It’s important you are comfortable being on your feet, working at pace and using technology as part of our role. Whilst you will be part of a close-knit team, we’ll also trust you to work alone and use your initiative throughout the night.
Whichever area you’re working in, you’ll take pride in doing the right thing for our customers and have a keen attention to detail. You’ll likely have less customer interaction than your daytime colleagues, but you’ll still be tuned into making sure we offer a brilliant shopping experience.
We aim to make everyone who joins us be the best they can be and are committed to being a fully inclusive retailer where our customers love to shop, and our colleagues love to work!
If the shifts for this role cover hours earlier than 6am or later than 11pm, you will need to be at least 18 years of age.
Alongside a market leading salary, we also offer a great range of benefits for all our colleagues:
- Nightshift premium - in addition to the advertised hourly rate, a further £2.45 nightshift premium is paid for every hour worked between midnight - 5am (where applicable).
- Discount card – 10% discount off on your shopping at Sainsbury’s, Argos, Tu and Habitat after four weeks. This increases to 15% discount off at Sainsbury’s every Friday and Saturday, and 15% off at Argos every pay day.
- Free food and hot drinks provided for Colleagues in all our stores.
- Generous holiday entitlement - based on the hours you work.
- Shopping discounts – special offers on gym memberships, restaurants, holidays, retail vouchers and more.
- Family leave – generous maternity and paternity leave.
- Pension – Sainsbury’s will match between 4-7% of your pension contributions.
- Sainsbury’s share schemes – allowing you to buy Sainsbury’s shares at discounted prices and the option to buy shares monthly from your gross salary to build up an investment.
- Wellbeing support – including free access to our Employee Assistance Programme which is a confidential service providing support and guidance on a wide range of issues.