This is a job for someone who loves craft beer in all its forms and is excited by the opportunity to take a leading role in developing our brand and telling our story to the UK and around the world.
At Fyne Ales you are going to have a lot of material to work with. Yes - we've got lots of exciting new beers coming through. Yes - we like to do great beer launches and tap take-overs. Yes - we're always delighted when we win prizes. Yup - we love to do collaborations with our friends. But at Fyne Ales we have a lot more story than that to tell.
- One site, two breweries, two very different stories. We recently invested £2m in one of the most capable British style craft brewhouses in the UK. Our goal here is to produce some of the best examples of the core styles that are available in the UK. In the new brewery it's all about constantly improving the flavours, and being consistently excellent
- The original farmhouse brewery is all about creativity and experimentation, and we have great plans that will really double down on these. We plan to use this brewery to produce beers that really have a sense of provenance and place that is unique to Fyne Ales. That means we've just ordered a cool ship and a set of wine barrels, so look out for some spontaneously fermented / lambic style beers coming through. Look out for a lot more interesting barrel finishing programmes, and look out for beers that play with fruits and foraged herbs.
- We have a great brewery tap and thousands of visitors come each year to see what makes Fyne Ales different. We're on a working farm with our own herd of Highland cattle, we're just starting a deer farm and we have a salmon river that we have been restocking over the last 10 years running past the brewery. This sense of place is really important to us, and we're very proud of our 5 stars on trip advisor.
- Then there's FyneFest. One of the UK's more notable beer festivals that really puts the Festival back into Beer Festival. Every June sees about 2,500 people come up to the brewery for a weekend with 150 of the best beers we can find, 2 stages of music and and a great selection of food. With a friendly campsite and a great crowd FyneFest has developed a great reputation and we need to keep developing it.
If all of that sounds like a story you could enjoy telling, and you are up for the challenge of getting as many people as possible knowing about and drinking Fyne Ales then we would love to hear from you. You are going to need to be confident:
- Updating our websites and writing blog pieces
- Working on all the main social media platforms
- Writing and distributing press releases
- Working with the brewing team and sales team to co-ordinate the new beers coming through
- Working with our designers to develop new labels, point of sale and other materials as needed
We're looking for someone who can write really well and has a great visual sense and is seriously into the best of the craft beer world. If you have previous experience in craft beer, or marketing a similar product, that’s a plus. You definitely need to be a good team player, but happy to take the initiative and work independently on your projects. We’re looking for someone who likes to work hard, but also wants to enjoy working in a great place, with a great team, and promoting some great beers.
So if you are interested then please email us on and tell us why you are the right person for the job. Please include a CV and let us know your current salary, but mostly we are interested in hearing from you why you think you are the right person for the role.
The role is full time - but it could be 100% located at the brewery, or split part working from the brewery and part from a desk in Glasgow or Edinburgh for instance. We're offering a competitive salary and membership of our profit share scheme for the right person.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.