- Sector: Hospitality, Catering and Tourism
- Specialism: Chefs and Cooks
- Location: Wick
- £17,500 to £21,500 per annum, Bonus Scheme GBP 17500
- Hours: Full Time Permanent
- Contact: Ellie Lamont
- Reference: HIJOBSOct2016
Assisting in the safe production and monitoring of meals to the Bistro, Dining Room and Function, in conjunction with the Catering Team
The preparation, presentation and service of food items for customers, using standardised recipes, to quality standards set by the Head Chef.
- To ensure that all food storage, preparation and service of all foods meet the temperature guidelines stipulated in the Food Safety Act 1995 and to record all food temperatures.
- Assistance in ensuring that all menu items, are available in service areas throughout service times, and that food service staff are aware of correct portion sizes in accordance with main catering plan.
- To liaise with the Head Chef to ensure that adequate food items are available to produce the appropriate menu items.
- To inform the Head Chef of any malfunction of catering equipment.
- Responsible for kitchen staff and areas on occasions when Chefs or Head Chef are unavailable
- Ensuring the kitchen is secured at the end of the evening and all equipment is switched off and secure
- Economic and careful use of manually and mechanically operated equipment, to include knives, whisks, gravity feed slices, mincers, electric mixers, food processors, microwave and pressure steamers, observing the guidelines specified in the Health and Safety Act 1993 at all times.
- Planned efficient use of cooking ranges, convection ovens, conventional ovens, grills, hot plates, deep fat fryers, bratt pans and boiling pans, observing the necessity to make energy savings where possible.
- Maintaining a neat and tidy appearance at all times, observing standards of personal hygiene as specified in the Food Hygiene Regulations 1974 and the Food Safety Act 1990.
- Report any pest sightings and ensure the outer kitchen doors are kept closed at all times, to prevent pest contamination.
- Undertake cleaning duties to maintain a tidy, clean and hygienic work environment.
- Such other duties as may be required from time to time by the management
- The post-holder has a personal responsibility for health, safety and hygiene as outlined in the various acts; Health and Safety, Hazardous Substances Food Safety and all Departmental Policies
We are looking for someone who is passionate about food, organised, can work at speed to keep up with the fast paced nature of the kitchen, as well as a desire to learn as the potential for career development is huge. Your knowledge of modern European food should be of a good standard and you should be of a high standard in HACCP and food hygiene.
Ideally we are looking for a Chef de Partie with at least 1 years experience but if you are a strong commis who wants to progress quickly we'd also like to hear from you.
The successful candidate will
- Have previous experience in a Commis Chef/Chef De Partie role, preferably within an environment that is proud to use fresh ingredients
- Fully understand how the role contributes to the success of the restaurant.
- Maintain a good level of understanding of the restaurant and hospitality industry.
- Build effective and constructive relationships.
- Communicate clearly, professionally and concisely.
- Work collaboratively with others in pursuit of team goals.