- Sector: Hospitality, Catering and Tourism
- Specialism: Chefs and Cooks
- Location: Fort William
- £25,000 to £35,000 per annum, End of season bonus, share of tips, free meals whilst on duty, free accommodation for first season GBP 25000
- Hours: Full Time Permanent
- Contact: John Cameron
This role requires a Head Chef with strong management and volume experience. Catering for over 300 covers every day over the summer this is a busy operation, which requires a level-headed and hands-on head chef to run the kitchen and produce fantastic food.
The service period covers breakfast, lunch and dinner so you will need to recruit, train and develop a team to manage a full day’s operation. The evening service period is the busiest and requires hands-on management, leading by example.
The business level varies significantly over the season so a highly organised approach to recruitment and stock management is required. You will be expected to have a strong grasp of the financial management of a kitchen, ensuring that GP targets are met and minimising waste.
Our restaurant & bar is allied to our successful holiday business and we have plans for substantial investment in the catering side over our business over the coming years so this is a great opportunity for someone with ambition and passion to develop the food operation and help grow the business.
Other head chef duties/requirements include
- Ensuring food leaving the pass meets the restaurant’s standards
- Training and development of junior chefs
- Full health and safety awareness and hygiene knowledge
- Menu planning and development
- Occasional event catering
- Building a strong team of seasonal staff
- Understand the demands of upholding standards in a high-volume environment
- Driving license
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.