Design and development of mechanical and electro-mechanical components and assemblies for power electronics, battery and charger products. The successful candidate will be expected to contribute to all phases of the product lifecycle from initial concept through design, development, verification and through-life support.
Essential skills and experience:
- Professional experience of the full lifecycle of mechanical product development
- Honours degree in a relevant subject (Masters preferred)
- Proven ability to work in small multi-functional project team (including electronics, software and qualification engineers)
Desirable skills and experience
- Mechanical and Electronic Assembly design
- Experience in the design of batteries, chargers or power supplies
- 3D CAD modelling
- Thermal, Shock and Vibration Design and Simulation using SolidWorks
- Thermal Management of Electronics enclosures, heat exchangers, (air to air, air to water etc)
- DfX (manufacturability, test, cost etc)
- Design for EMC
- Experience of designing various components including plastics, sheet metal, injections moulding and die castings
- Management of prototypes and pre-production builds
- Design documentation
- Reliability Engineering (FMEA and MTBF analysis etc)
Excellent written, verbal communication and organisation skills are a pre-requisite.
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.