As part time Cafe Cook you will support the Café Manager to maximise profit while retaining quality of food and service as well as the good reputation of the establishment which has been built up since the café opened in 1997.
You will report to the Café Manager and tasks will include.
- Food preparation
- Assisting with menu development
- Suggesting new ventures for the café
- Taking orders, serving customers and maintaining excellent customer services
- Handling cash
- Working with the Café Manager to ensure stock rotation to minimise waste
- Assisting with the marketing of the Museum and Café
- Physical security of museum buildings
- Assisting the Café Manager in the financial management of the café including daily till takings, weekly income and reporting of monthly profit and loss
- Maintaining appearance and uniforms
- Assisting the Café Manager in ensuring café, associated stock rooms, freezers and bin areas are clean and comply with environmental health regulations.
- Experience of working in a similar catering establishment
- Experience of handling cash and being trustworthy
- Excellent customer service skills
- The cafe operates with a fairly small team therefore a high degree of flexibility is essential
- Knowledge of, and interest in, museums and archaeology
- Events catering and organisation experience
- Demonstrable customer services skills
- Demonstrable food preparation experience
- Experience of environmental health regulations in a catering environment
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.