The Picture House Manager will be responsible for the overall management of the Picture House, managing all operational issues relating to the venue, including leading and motivating the staff team and ensuring that the Picture House develops as the key cultural and social hub for the Kintyre community and local businesses. The Manager will be responsible for ensuring that commitments made to funders of the restoration project are delivered, and for developing a broad range of partnerships within the town and Kintyre.
The Manager post is supported by funding from the Heritage Lottery Fund ‘Resilient Heritage’ programme for the first 18 months.
Reporting to and working with the Board of Campbeltown Community Business:
1. Managing all aspects of the cinema’s operations on a day-to-day basis and delivering a high quality, varied programme of films, event cinema performances, live drama and music.
2. Developing opportunities for maximising revenue from all aspects of the cinema and ‘event cinema’ programmes offered by the Picture House.
3. Promoting the use of the Picture House to community and business users.
4. Ensuring that the Picture House provides the highest levels of customer care possible, and working with other staff members to achieve this.
5. Ensuring that the Picture House operates in a way that is safe and accessible for all our customers, complying with all relevant legislation.
6. Establishing and maintaining relations with the local community, businesses and media in order to enhance the image of the Picture House, and to inform these groups of developments within the company and its services.
7. Ensuring that the building is maintained in accordance with the maintenance plan agreed with Heritage Lottery Fund and Historic Environment Scotland.
8. Ensuring that the appearance of all front of house and public areas, including the auditoria and cinema entrances, is maintained to the highest standards, and that the proper standards of display and merchandising are maintained throughout the building.
9. Managing the administration of the Picture House, ensuring compliance with relevant licences, financial procedures, and company policies.
10. Ensuring secure cash handling, and maintaining accurate records of all income and expenditure.
11. Ensuring that the cinema web site and box office systems are properly maintained.
12. Recruitment and induction of staff, supporting training and development, and conducting regular reviews of staff team
13. Preparing staff rotas in order to ensure that the appropriate staffing levels are maintained at all times.
1. Communicating effectively with colleagues, the Board of Directors, and funding partners to share information, achieve deadlines and promote a positive working environment.
2. Awareness of all Health and Safety and licensing requirements and ensuring that they are adhered to in order that the company’s responsibilities are not compromised.
3. Attending meetings and providing progress and financial reports as required.
4. Acting in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures, as detailed in the staff handbook.
5. Undertaking any other reasonable tasks, appropriate to this role, as requested by the Board of Campbeltown Community Business.
• Experience of managing a full-time public venue, preferably a cinema, arts centre or theatre
• Management experience in a retail / customer service environment
• Management experience in a bar, café, restaurant, or club business
• Event management
• Hiring venues to businesses, community organisations and individuals
• Familiarity with Health & Safety legislation
• Customer service
• Financial management (cash control, budget management, reporting)
• Computer literacy (including competence with word processing and spreadsheet software, operation of digital cinema projection systems)
• Entrepreneurial attitude
• Proactive approach
• Community engagement focus
• Problem solving ability
• Sets high standards
• Willingness to work evenings and weekends