- Sector: Hospitality, Catering and Tourism
- Location: Glen Nevis
- £7.50 per hour GBP 8
- Hours: Part Time Contract
- Contact: Caroline Knox
- Reference: GLNV09517
Job Ref: GLNV09517
Location: Glen Nevis Youth Hostel, Glen Nevis, Fort William, Inverness-shire, PH33 6SY
Contracts: Fixed term, immediate start until 22/Oct/17
Salary Details: £7.50 per hour
Hours per week: 20 hours per week.
Accommodation: This is a live-out position.
We are currently seeking a self-motivated and enthusiastic individual with commitment to provide an excellent customer service to join our team at our Glen Nevis Youth Hostel.
You will be part of our professional and dedicated team and will ensure that all youth hostel customer services and guest facility provisions are welcoming, clean, comfortable, secure, safe, accessible, and maintained to the appropriate quality standard within the resources priorities available to enhance guest experience and expectations.
- Cleaning rooms and public area including toilets and outside areas of the hostel and housekeeping including bed making, laundry, the daily stocktaking and distribution and collection of linen throughout the hostel.
- Working 4 hours per day, 10am to 2pm, 5 out of 7 days including weekend.
Suitable applicant will have:
- Good cleaning/ housekeeping experience, preferably in similar hospitality surroundings
- Keen attention to details
- Ability to work unsupervised and time management to get the job done within required timescales.
- A good knowledge of the local and surrounding area, to be able to deliver first class guest information and help with travel planning as well as giving our guests inspiration on how to make the most of their stay in the area.
- The role involves physical activities such as bed making on upper and lower bunk beds, including stripping and turning beds on a daily basis.
- A successful candidate is required to provide two satisfactory references and to apply for a Basic Disclosure before they can commence their employment with SYHA
SYHA Hostelling Scotland is a self-funding charity operating a network of over 60 exceptional youth and affiliate hostels for the benefit of all those wishing to learn and experience what Scotland has to offer. Our unique sites provide affordable, comfortable, safe and quality-assured accommodation with a warm friendly welcome, local knowledge, activities and services for guests travelling around Scotland.
How to apply:
Further information on SYHA, and to obtain job description and application form, please visit: . If you have the skills and experience to match our requirements, please forward your application form with covering letter to or Caroline Knox, Lochaber Group Manager, c/o Glen Nevis Youth Hostel, Glen Nevis, Fort William, Inverness-shire, PH33 6SY.
Closing Date: 19/Jun/17
Please note SYHA operates a policy where only successful applicants will be contacted. If you do not hear from us within two weeks of the closing date you have not been shortlisted on this occasion.
SYHA has a commitment to Equal Opportunities and Diversity.
Scottish Youth Hostels Association (also known as SYHA Hostelling Scotland) is a registered Scottish charity, No. SC013138 and a company limited by guarantee, registered in Scotland, No. SC310841, Registered Office 7 Glebe Crescent, Stirling FK8 2JA.