3 permanent full time Senior Procurement Officer posts (working in the Construction or Corporate Indirect Categories)
As Senior Procurement Officer you will work across Council Services within assigned category area to develop and implement robust commodity strategies and undertake strategic / high risk procurement activity to support delivery of business requirements.
You will need to hold an Advanced Diploma in Procurement and Supply; or be qualified to HND level in a relevant business related discipline; or have equivalent work related experience preferably in a Construction or Corporate business area.
You're a procurement and tendering specialist who has operated in a regulated environment with experience of supporting change. You're looking for your next challenge; an autonomous role with the scope to deliver innovation across a portfolio of strategic commodities:
• You have excellent relationship management and communication skills and are flexible, adaptable & delivery focused. You quickly establish constructive working relationships and effectively influence, persuade and negotiate with internal and external stakeholders.
• You build trust in your abilities and your professional credibility. You quickly establish organisational and political awareness and promote the procurement function as an enabler of business change. You understand what it means to operate in a diverse, multi stakeholder environment.
• You have good project management skills and are confident leading user intelligence and / or multi disciplinary groups and lead and motivate project teams / UIG's to successfully achieve agreed outcomes.
• You're experienced in end to end procurement processes including: developing and implementing
commodity strategies and/or commissioning plans; developing specifications and service level agreements; drafting terms and conditions of contract; managing the tender process and supplier management including the application of Key Performance Indicators to drive performance.
• You critically analyse and interpret a broad range of data from a variety of sources, presenting findings in a useable and meaningful format. You weigh up/evaluate risk, analyse costs structures and deliver benefits to agreed timescales within a demanding environment.
• You're proficient in Microsoft Office.
• You have high standards of professional ethics and personal conduct. You're positive, motivated, resilient, focused and organised. You take ownership of your own performance and manage competing priorities within challenging timescales. You're committed to your professional development and to supporting the development of others.
Applications must be made online at myjobscotland.gov.uk