- Location: Kirkintilloch
- £16,113.90 to £18,176 per annum, Grade 4 (SS35) GBP 16114
- Hours: Part Time
- Contact: Please see description
- Reference: EAD01543
This post is only available to all permanent and temporary employees and agency workers currently on assignment within East Dunbartonshire Culture and Leisure Trust.
This is a part time vacancy, with a fixed working pattern of alternate Wednesdays 9-5, and every Thursday and Friday 9-5.
The successful candidate will be required to provide effective administrative support to ensure the smooth provision of admin and support services to the Cultural Services team, based at EDLC Trust Headquarters in the William Patrick Library, Kirkintilloch.
Previous experience within an office environment using Microsoft Office Packages (particularly MS Word and Excel) is required. Knowledge of library administration also would be advantageous.
Applicants require to be able to work on own initiative, possess good organisational, communication and numeracy skills and be able to deal with information on a confidential basis.
If you have the relevant skills and experience then we would like to hear from you.
This post is restricted to current employees of the Trust.
Charter of Commitment
The following criteria applies to all roles within East Dunbartonshire Council where PVG/Disclosure checks are essential criteria
Where the post you are applying for is considered Regulated Work under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act, 2007, successful candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme, or undergo a PVG Scheme Update check, prior to confirmation of employment being made by East Dunbartonshire Council.
Please note, successful candidates will be expected to meet the cost of the relevant check which will be deducted from the successful candidate's first salary payment.
In specific circumstances the payment could be deducted in instalments from an employee's wages following commencement of employment. Approval in such circumstances will be made by HR Services Lead.
Should an employee leave in advance of the payment being deducted, the full amount will be deducted from the employee's final salary.
The criteria outlined above will apply to existing employees of East Dunbartonshire Council who apply for roles for which a PVG/Disclosure check is required.
The commitment by East Dunbartonshire Council to job applicants is as follows:
• Individuals will be treated in a polite, friendly and welcoming manner.
• Equalities monitoring will be conducted to ensure a fair and equitable process with screening being carried out to anonymise sensitive information such as age, gender and disability.
• The information that we receive will be treated in confidence and with discretion. Only the relevant HR representative/team and the relevant service will see the application form.
• We will encourage and welcome applications from applicants under the disability symbol. Where the essential criteria are met an interview will be offered to those applying under the disability symbol.
• We will be pleased to make any reasonable adjustments to ensure accessibility at the interview.
• We will advise you within reasonable time after the closing date if you have not met the interview criteria. (Normally within 4 weeks)
• We will advise you of meeting the criteria for interview normally within 3 weeks.
• We will advise you if you have been successful or unsuccessful at the interview stage as soon as practically possible.
Applications must be made online at myjobscotland.gov.uk