Before applying for this job, it is important that you read the Applicant Guidance by clicking on the attachments below. These explain the job role and the type of person we are looking for.
You will have a degree in planning or a related discipline or equivalent transferrable skills and experience. You will have a current valid driving licence and be able to demonstrate knowledge of built heritage and environmental issues and have project management experience. Experience of partnership working and working with communities is desirable. IT skills and knowledge of GIS systems will also be advantageous.
You will concentrate on a wide range of issues primarily in relation to building conservation, regeneration, listed buildings and conservation areas. Working in a team, you will be responsible for both statutory work and project implementation. The range of work involves progressing the Banff Conservation Area Regeneration Scheme, giving advice on listed building applications and undertaking conservation area reviews.
This post is part of a career grade scheme and salary placement will be in accordance with the scheme.
The majority of posts within Aberdeenshire Council fall into one of the categories as detailed on the Worksmart website - http://worksmart.aberdeenshire.gov.uk/
This post has a minimum requirement of 1 reference. One of these must be your current or most recent employer.
Location: Flexible - Inverurie or Banff
Informal Enquiries Contact: Debbie Burroughs - 07768704586 and Irina Birnie - 078807887Responsibilities
To participate in the formulation and implementation of action plans, environmental strategies and projects and provide support and guidance on environmental issues related to the natural and built & cultural heritage.
• Prepare and implement action plans and undertake project work relating to the natural and built & cultural heritage of Aberdeenshire, which could including securing funding or administering grant schemes
• Undertake research, prepare and deliver environmental strategies
• Provide natural and built & cultural heritage input to development plans and policies
• Provide advice and consultation responses in relation to the statutory functions administered by the Planning Policy & Environment Service.
• Prepare and present reports to Committee
• Contribute to the work of the section on all matters relating to the natural and built & cultural heritage of Aberdeenshire, including participation and in the preparation and monitoring of Development Plans, Planning Guidance, Briefs and Action Plans
• Contribute to the continuous improvement and development of the team
The duties detailed above could be within one or more of the following categories:
• Urban Design and Conservation Areas
• Building Design
• Building Conservation
• Landscape Design
• Forestry and other tree related matters
• Nature Conservation, Ecology and Biodiversity
• Administering grant schemes
• Project Management
• Degree in Planning or a related discipline or equivalent transferrable skills and experience
• Relevant experience in some or all of the following areas, biodiversity, landscape, tree preservation, forestry, countryside access, project implementation, urban design and conservation areas, building design, building conservation and regeneration.
• Thorough knowledge of planning and environmental legislation
• Ability to analyse and evaluate issues and prepare related reports
• Ability to manage projects including securing funding and administering grant schemes
• Current valid driving licence
• Good written and spoken communication and organisational skills
• Ability to work with minimum supervision and within a team
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft packages
• Ability to demonstrate knowledge of environmental issues
• Knowledge of or interest in sustainable development issues
• Practical work experience in environmental field
• Past work with community groups
• Project implementation & partnership working
• Ability to use GIS
• Arboriculture/forestry/landscape/Ecology/access/community participation, built heritage conservation
• Member of appropriate professional body
• Experience in use of G.I.S. systems
• Negotiation skills
Applications must be made online at myjobscotland.gov.uk
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.