PVG / Disclosure Scotland
WE RECOMMEND THAT YOU SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION NO LATER THAN 21.00 HOURS ON THE CLOSING DATE
Please note you will be asked to provide the names of two referees when you apply for this post, these are not required.
You should print off the job profile and reference form and give them to your referee for completion.
Please note that the Report on Application Form should be returned by the closing date for receipt of applications by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to:
FAILURE TO DO SO MAY RESULT IN APPLICATION BEING EXCLUDED FROM SHORTLEETING.
This is a very exciting time in East Dunbartonshire Council. We have developed our Early Learning and Childcare Services to meet parents and families needs in line with the Children and Young People (Scotland) Act. With Quality at the heart to support our youngest children to achieve their full potential.
At Auchinairn Nursery you will work within a dedicated, focussed team who have high aspirations to achieve the very best for the children in their care. Auchinairn Nursery is currently a pilot location for increasing provision to 1140 hours. The Nursery is also moving to a new build community facility in the early 2018. Along with the team at Auchinairn you will promote learning and teaching of the highest quality to maximise the attainment of all children. You will support the development of a curriculum that meets a broad range of children's needs and lead staff to ensure consistency across the service.
In your role you will provide support to progress the aims and targets of the Authority, schools and partner providers as set out in the appropriate improvement plans.
Salary for this post will be in accordance with SNCT agreements. Applicants must be or eligible to be fully GTC Scotland registered.
Applicants will show recent participation in professional development activities in learning and teaching, with a specific focus on early level, pre-birth to 3 and ASN.
Charter of Commitment
The following criteria applies to all roles within East Dunbartonshire Council where PVG/Disclosure checks are essential criteria
Where the post you are applying for is considered Regulated Work under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act, 2007, successful candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme, or undergo a PVG Scheme Update check, prior to confirmation of employment being made by East Dunbartonshire Council.
Please note, successful candidates will be expected to meet the cost of the relevant check which will be deducted from the successful candidate's first salary payment.
In specific circumstances the payment could be deducted in instalments from an employee's wages following commencement of employment. Approval in such circumstances will be made by HR Services Lead.
Should an employee leave in advance of the payment being deducted, the full amount will be deducted from the employee's final salary.
The criteria outlined above will apply to existing employees of East Dunbartonshire Council who apply for roles for which a PVG/Disclosure check is required.
The commitment by East Dunbartonshire Council to job applicants is as follows:
• Individuals will be treated in a polite, friendly and welcoming manner.
• Equalities monitoring will be conducted to ensure a fair and equitable process with screening being carried out to anonymise sensitive information such as age, gender and disability.
• The information that we receive will be treated in confidence and with discretion. Only the relevant HR representative/team and the relevant service will see the application form.
• We will encourage and welcome applications from applicants under the disability symbol. Where the essential criteria are met an interview will be offered to those applying under the disability symbol.
• We will be pleased to make any reasonable adjustments to ensure accessibility at the interview.
• We will advise you within reasonable time after the closing date if you have not met the interview criteria. (Normally within 4 weeks)
• We will advise you of meeting the criteria for interview normally within 3 weeks.
• We will advise you if you have been successful or unsuccessful at the interview stage as soon as practically possible.
Applications must be made online at myjobscotland.gov.uk