- Sector: Financial Services and Investment
- Specialism: Customer Service, Financial Services and Investment Admin
- Location: Edinburgh
- Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 61325
The BusinessJoin us as a Technology Service Manager in Edinburgh
- This is an opportunity to take on an important role, managing and reporting on the overall impact of IT Service for Ulster Bank and its customers
- You'll be working with the Head of Technology Service Management for Personal & Business Banking (PBB), and you'll have the opportunity to work alongside the other sub-franchise Technology Service Managers, providing dedicated service ownership for Ulster Bank
- You'll be a vital part of the connection between the franchise and the Central Technology Organisation (CTO), and you'll develop a deep understanding of the technical and operational needs of Ulster Bank
- Contribute to the direction of service management for PBB by owning and driving tasks beyond the pure Ulster Bank remit
What you'll do
Working with the Head of Technology Service Management for PBB, you'll be responsible for the service management needs of Ulster Bank. This covers a number of topics from incident awareness, reporting and general service management activities.
As an ambassador for consistent best practice, you'll help set and agree overall IT service strategy to meet Ulster Bank's needs, aligned to our wider business and technology vision and strategy.
A key facet of this position will be to operate separately and neutrally as an interface between a number of different business and IT teams, ensuring that the views and requirements of the CTO function are taken into account in strategic and tactical planning. You'll also be:
- Establishing relationships with a range of stakeholders to drive expected service levels and improvement objectives
- Building an understanding of the short, medium and long-term plans of our business, and how technology can support these
- Influencing stakeholders at all levels, and providing a key channel of communication between Ulster Bank, our CTO and Chief Information Office functions
The skills you'll need
To take on this role we're looking for a technology professional with demonstrable experience ideally gained from a variety of financial institutions. You'll need strong technology skills and the ability to communicate effectively between stakeholders as you'll be dealing with technical teams, as well as other P&BB and CTO teams, translating complex technical or business process issues into terms that can be readily understood by different audiences. Having proven experience of Service Delivery and Process Management disciplines, as well as strong knowledge of key technology services is essential.
text-align:justifyFinancial Services, and particularly banking experience is also crucial, as you'll be representing the needs of customers, platform owners and business service owners. Risk and controls experience, incident and problem management, and knowledge of the software development lifecycle could also be an advantage.
text-align:justifyWe'll look to you to demonstrate:
- The ability to build credibility quickly, and a track record of successful relationship management in a technology context
- Excellent written and verbal communication and stakeholder management skills
- The enthusiasm and ability to build detailed business and product knowledge for Ulster Bank and across P&BB
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 30% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
For more information on our benefits, please visit our website.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles, find out more here.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.