The BusinessJoin us in Edinburgh as a Governance & Regulatory Manager
- This is a unique opportunity for the right candidate to work across Corporate Governance and Regulatory Affairs (CG&RA), to support the bank’s senior management and Board/ Non Executive Directors to make effective decisions
- You'll support the bank in preparing for the biggest strategic and operational reform to face the UK Financial Services industry to date, known as ring-fencing
- In return, we'll offer unparalleled exposure to the strategic decision making process of a large UK bank, the chance to be involved in the design and implementation of the bank’s response to ring-fencing, and the opportunity to grow and develop in a strategically important part of Financial Services
What you'll do
You'll be supporting the bank's most senior managers and Board / non Executive Directors (NEDs) to make effective decisions, as you help us to prepare for the biggest strategic and operational reform to face the UK Financial Services industry to date.
You'll be leading and supporting a wide range of strategic ring fencing related projects, which will include:
- The support and delivery of the strategic redesign of our decision making processes across the bank
- Supporting Board members and NEDs to transition into their new roles, ensuring an appropriate flow of information and escalation to support decision making
- Embedding the governance framework to define how risk, finance and audit issues will be managed across the bank in light of ring fencing
- Supporting external Regulatory engagement on ring fencing
- Supporting regulatory deliverables for ring fencing and other strategic issues, such as Brexit
- Assisting senior management and NEDs understand how ring fencing impacts their accountabilities and how they are delegated and managed under the Senior Manager Regime
The skills you'll need
To join us in this role, you'll need to be qualified to a degree level from a recognised institution.
It would also be beneficial if you have:
- Considerable experience of financial services
- Specific experience in relation to regulation (ideally in financial services) and corporate governance
- A solid understanding of RBS's structure including franchises, functions and their interdependencies, and issues facing RBS
- An interest in public policy with an understanding of the regulatory landscape, and prudential issues
You'll also need:
- Exceptional stakeholder management skills and an ability to act with professionalism when interacting across all levels, including Executive Management
- To be proactive, with a “can do” collaborative approach and a focus on first class delivery whilst operating in a matrix management structure
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to listen, present and organise whilst maintaining high quality standards and attention to detail
- The ability to manage highly confidential information in a discreet and professional manner
- To be able to produce comprehensive and clearly structured briefings
What else you need to know
This role is being offered for a 6 month period, with a view to extend for a further 6 months.
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 30% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.