- Sector: Financial Services and Investment
- Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 63472
The RequirementsJoin us as a Senior Quantitative Analyst in Dublin
- For a keen and motivated analyst, this is a valuable proposition to join our Wholesale Analytics team as a Senior Quantitative Analyst and become part of an area of key focus for the future growth of Ulster Bank
- You’ll be required to collate vital data and translate it into clear and concise messages for your business partners
- While gaining valuable exposure to some of our senior stakeholders, you’ll have the opportunity to significantly develop your knowledge of credit risk, quantitative models and data analysis
What you'll do
You'll support and deliver an enhanced risk management platform through the development and validation of a suite of credit risk metrics for the bank's DAC Wholesale portfolio.
The Ulster Bank Wholesale Analytics team supports the implementation and use of the RBS Wholesale and Business Direct suite of Basel credit risk models across UB in addition to the operational scorecards utilised by the Ulster Bank Direct and Lombard portfolios.
You'll be involved in credit risk model validation and calibration in addition to credit risk analytical projects and regulatory returns. The successful candidate will have a strong aptitude for logical problem solving and analytical reasoning as well strong interpersonal skills.
Your responsibilities will also include:
- Assisting and support the Development and Validation of Wholesale Credit Risk Models and Risk Reporting measurement tools
- Leading the delivery of model based reviews and supporting documentation
- Providing advice or statistical insight into risk models
- Assisting in extraction and analysis of portfolio specific MI , and in Capital Impact assessments for model changes
- Capturing process inefficiencies
- Leveraging existing knowledge on model methodology and implementation
- Undertaking projects from time to time
The skills you'll need
To succeed in this role, you’ll need a quantitative primary or secondary degree (in a relevant subject, such as statistics, maths, engineering). It’s crucial you’re able to display and apply logical thinking to complex issues and ideally have strong credit risk and practical modelling experience.
You’ll also have:
- Practical knowledge of Credit Risk Metrics (PD, LGD, EAD)
- Practical Knowledge of Model Calibration
- Practical knowledge of Model Development and Validation
- Advanced software skills (R, Matlab, SAS, VBA, etc)
- High volume data analysis and manipulation skills (SQL)
It would be beneficial to have experience of working to challenging reporting deadlines with the ability to communicate quantitative concepts to Senior Management. In addition you should be confident, self motivated and a good team worker.
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus a 25% individually tailorable cash and benefit funding programme. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These may include a full credit check, a criminal record check (if based in the UK), residency and right to work checks.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.