The BusinessWe're looking for an Environment and Release Manager to join our Technology function in Edinburgh
- Part of a newly formed team, you'll plan, manage, and deliver all releases for ServiceNow, a cloud based service manager toolkit
- Working with the Platform Support Team and project teams, you'll enjoy a great deal of exposure, and as well as communicating the project status, you'll serve as an escalation point to resolve Platform Support Team obstacles
- You'll define and maintain the end to end release management process Plan, maintaining release windows and cycles, and ensure delivery is on schedule and to budget
- Supporting 9 different environments, you'll benefit from significant variety in your work, and considerably build on your skills and experience
What you'll do
We'll look to you to plan and maintain all release windows and cycles, ensuring that anything being rolled out follows the correct process and complies with relevant regulation. Working closely with the Pipeline Manager, you'll identify and manage risks and issues that may impact release scope, schedule or quality before measuring and monitoring progress to ensure releases are delivered on time and meet or exceed expectations.
- Plan and define the release scopes based upon demand backlog, and establish measurable goals
- Manage relationships and communications with Development & Pipeline, Environment and Test Management functions
- Communicate all key project plans, commitments, and changes including requirements, QA plans, schedule, and scope changes back to the team
- Ensure relevant implementation plans are produced, and liaise with PMO to create release notes for distribute to relevant stakeholders
The skills you'll need
To be successful in this role, you'll need an awareness of ServiceNow and solid experience of release management. Along with a background in Financial Services within a highly regulated environment, you'll have experience of project management and related methodologies. You'll be a proactive problem solver with the ability to analyse and interpret information.
As well as this, you'll have:
- Experience of Scaled Agile Framework methodologies
- Knowledge of business practices, processes, toolsand technologies
- Excellent operational process management expertise - ideally IITIL Manager accredited, and at least having completed ITIL Foundation
- Good leadership skills and experience with the ability to motivate staff through a period of significant technological and business change
- An awareness of the ServiceNow toolset
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 30% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
For more information on our benefits, please visit our website.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles, find out more here.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.