The BusinessJoin us in Edinburgh in the role of Production Management Manager, Transformation & Lifecycle
- We'll look to you to support the creation of simpler, more resilient and more cost effective services for our customers
- You'll be responsible for the identification, classification and remediation of production risk, taking ownership of the Lifecycle Service Improvement (LSI) workstack and process
- This is an extremely high profile role in which you'll gain exposure across the bank and with our Technology senior management
- Sitting within the operational heart of the bank, you'll be perfectly positioned to influence and shape the bank's strategy
What you'll do
You'll lead the ITO Transformation programme which encompasses application, currency, cost reduction and technology transformation. Reporting of the Head of Operational Controls, you'll be responsible for monitoring the performance of your team, and you'll contribute to technology/people-focused programmes and projects.
You'll provide guidance and motivation to senior managers who are responsible for a wide range of critical banking applications. You'll also take ownership of the ITO relationships with the CIO and heads of Technology, ensuring prompt and effective communication and reporting.
In addition to this, you'll:
- Manage inbound work requests and ensure both efficient and effective prioritisation and scheduling of work against agreed business schedules
- Drive continuous improvements of existing processes and procedures across production management disciplines
- Collaborate with and influence colleagues and stakeholders across RBS and third party suppliers on the applications under management, ensuring the timely delivery of solutions which support the business and are in line with the overall Technology policy
- Ensure applications are fully compliant to mandated standards by adhering to processes and security compliance
The skills you'll need
You'll need a strong track record of delivery and strategic thinking, ideally within large change programmes. You'll demonstrate personal resilience, and you'll work well in a fast paced, constantly changing environment where priorities can change very quickly.
Along with excellent people management skills, you'll be proficient with coaching and developing teams, and you'll have strong commercial acumen and business awareness.
You'll also have:
- Supplier management skills
- Experience of budget responsibility
- An understanding of platforms, products and domains
- An awareness of relevant industry standard toolsets and processes
Knowledge of ITIL or service management experience would also be highly beneficial.
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 30% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
ng-bindingAt RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.