The RequirementsWe're looking for a Service Specialist, Windows Server to join us in Edinburgh
- Join a fast paced dynamic team supporting 13,000 servers globally
- The team is responsible for the management of the Windows Server infrastructure and associated technologies, supporting mission critical services across multiple divisions within the bank
- Use your desire to achieve to help drive the platform forward
What you'll do
As Service Specialist, Windows Server, you'll be a member of the Windows infrastructure support team, reporting directly to the Platform Manager. You'll provide operational support to servers, hardware and infrastructure services owned by the team across all supported divisions.
Within the course of your work, you'll:
- Support the operational environment including incident, problem, request and change management
- Ensure compliance to platform security, risk and audit requirements
- Manage and develop infrastructure services owned by the team
- Build effective relationships with customer and stakeholder groups
- Work with IT security and engineering functions to ensure future platforms are operationally acceptable and supportable
The skills you'll need
To succeed in this role you'll need experience working within similar large corporate environments. You'll have a strong grounding in support of business critical global production systems, and success in delivering in a high pressure business atmosphere.
Having worked with applicable platforms and technologies within an enterprise environment. We'll also look to you to bring:
- Proven ability to plan and execute workloads in a pressurised, dynamic role
- Comprehensive understanding of Microsoft Windows products and how they interoperate with other technologies, such as database platforms
- Experience of automating workloads
- Knowledge of scripting languages - VB, VB.NET, C# and PowerShell
- Ability to identify issues, make recommendations and develop toolsets to enhance operational functions, providing support and development of existing toolsets
- MCSE or other applicable qualifications
And you'll also ideally have experience in some of: Splunk, SCCM, HP SIM, Server-side SAN components, Veritas Volume Manager or Backup infrastructures.
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 30% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
ng-bindingAt RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.