- Sector: Financial Services and Investment
- Specialism: Investment Management, Management
- Location: Edinburgh
- Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 63722
The BusinessJoin us in Edinburgh as Production Management Specialist, Applications Management
- If you have a natural flair for problem solving and significant experience using Oracle and Unix, this is a fantastic opportunity to join our Applications Management Mortgage system support team within the broader Technology function.
- As a Mortgages Service Specialist, you'll provide expert production support in a high availability environment.
- This is an ideal opportunity for someone with a keen interest in mortgages to thrive in a fast paced and challenging role, and find great solutions to complex problems that will benefit our valued customers.
What you'll do
As a Service Specialist, you'll provide production support for a system that provides the highest generation of revenue within the RBS retail business. You'll be joining a dedicated team that maintains a high availability environment 24/7, and has a key focus on continuous improvement related to application performance and operational standards. On a day to day basis you'll be running complex queries and identifying root cause issues.
This will involve providing a fantastic second and third level support service when systems fail, or as a result of subsystem problems. You'll support the implementation of enhanced applications into the production environment, while making sure there is minimum risk and loss of availability.
- Proactively seek to improve our service to benefit our customers and the business
- Work collaboratively with project colleagues and cross platform to reduce calls processed through the support team
- Provide an on-call service on a 24/7 basis
This is a high pressure and fast paced environment and so the ability to work under pressure and multi task, as well as the ability to think outside the box to provide innovative solutions to complex problems.
The skills you'll need
We're looking for technical professional with an investigative mind-set, who has strong experience using Oracle and Unix. Knowledge of Mainframe, WebSphere or MQ would be beneficial, but we will provide training. Any knowledge of ITIL would also be good to have.
What is more important is your curious nature and resilience to investigate issues until the problem is resolved. You'll be a real team player, with the drive to work to your initiative and enhance your skills.
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 25% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
ng-bindingAt RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.