The RequirementsJoin us as a Database Analyst in Edinburgh
- If you're innovative and have a passion for continually evolving solutions in data management this is an opportunity to join our cutting edge Data Management team within Data & Analytics
- You'll be joining a creative, collaborative team with a high profile where you'll have the opportunity to assist in the strategic migration of data solutions and systems to a centralised platform
- You are key in providing the Corporate & Private Banking (CPB) analytical community with the data they need to support our customers and business
- As a Database Analyst, you'll be able to draw on your ability to interact successfully across the business with key stakeholders, and combine this with strong SAS toolset knowledge or SQL experience in particular using the Teradata platform
What you'll do
The effective use and interpretation of data is crucial to our business' success. As a Database Analyst you'll be liaising with colleagues to discuss and interpret their data requirements and devise solutions to meet their specific needs, making sure it is easily accessible and understandable. You’ll have the ability to produce semantic data presentation layers to the business and are continually developing innovative ways to solve the analytical teams needs through harnessing the data gathering systems and capacity we have in the bank.
In the course of your work you'll also be:
- Developing a deep understanding of the business to ensure that analysis is embedded in everyday decision-making
- Working with the business to interpret and influence their business objectives and analysis requirements
- Helping design and implement a data warehouse capability that provides our analysts with the tools, data, and support
The skills you'll need
As a Database Analyst, you'll be able to draw on your ability to interact successfully across the business with key stakeholders, and combine this with strong SQL knowledge, a strong practical knowledge of databases, such as SQL server and Teradata, and exposure to ETL frameworks.
We're also looking for experience in:
- Dealing with multiple data sources from internal or external databases
- Data modelling and data mart design, conformed dimensions and star schemas
- Some experience of base SAS programming including MACRO
While it is not essential, it would be ideal if you had experience in application such as SAS EG, Teradata SQL assistant, DI Studio, Hadoop interfaces, which can include HIVE and IMPALA, and mainframe.
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 30% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.