- Sector: Financial Services and Investment
- Location: Edinburgh
- From £22,207 per annum GBP 22207
- Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 65393
The RequirementsJoin us as a Telephony Senior Personal Banker in Edinburgh
- You'll be taking the time to build rapport and provide a great customer experience to help our customers manage and make the most of their finances, and save them time and convenience through promoting digital banking
- Supporting our RBS customers, you'll provide outstanding service in every interaction, helping our bank to achieve our goal of becoming number 1 for customer service, trust and advocacy by 2020
- You'll be meeting the challenge by completing financial heath checks, answering inbound calls direct from customers, and making outbound customer care calls
- In return, we'll offer you a rewarding career path - you’ll prosper in a supportive and collaborative environment where we’ll support you to achieve a professional qualification and build on your existing skills
What you'll do
- Conduct financial health checks with our customers over phone, to identify opportunities to help them with a new product or service appropriate to their goals, needs and priorities and educate them on different ways to bank with us
- Complete outbound care calls, where pre-defined potential opportunities to help our customers with their finances, and save them time and convenience
- Review customer accounts, to identify opportunities to help them with new financial services or products and complete outbound care calls to grow and maintain the relationship
- Work with your colleagues ensure a targeted customer contact strategy is in place with a clear focus on acquiring, growing and retaining quality customer relationships
- Identify opportunities to help customers with more complex needs such as mortgages, private banking, business banking and protection products and complete a professional handoff to colleagues who can help fulfil them
- Accurately and compliantly complete account opening processes and products, providing customers with a seamless and positive experience
- Resolve complaints and errors quickly and compliantly, ensuring the customer’s relationship with the bank is fully restored
- Maintain an excellent level of product and process knowledge, and support and coach your colleagues to maintain theirs too
The skills you'll need
- You'll be proactive in your approach, with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work successfully as part of a team.
- A natural flair for communication, able to engage with customers and demonstrate a genuine interest in their situations
- The ability and desire to build strong and long-lasting customer relationships, with a proven ability of building rapport and trust
- Excellent planning and organisational skills, with the ability to work unsupervised
- Experience of working with and exceeding performance measures and goals in a customer service environment
- Good technology skills demonstrated by previous experience of working with Microsoft windows suite, custom databases and software programmes
How we'll reward you
You’ll start on a competitive reward package of £22,207 pa. (pro rata for hours worked), your package includes the chance to join our retirement saving plan, and to choose whatever protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras you want from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
You will have a generous holiday entitlement of 33 days. (pro rata for hours worked) – you may be required to work bank holidays.
We’re here for our customers, whatever the time of day or night, so you’ll need to be flexible in working a rotating shift pattern.
Your hours of work are likely to be between 8am and 8pm and will include weekends and Bank Holidays. We’ll discuss your hours in more detail with you at the interview stage.
At Royal Bank of Scotland, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles, find out more here.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.