* Please note: this advert is for future vacancies within Glasgow Sport. Successful candidates will be informed of their preferred candidate status and start dates will be issued as and when vacancies arise.
Glasgow Life is the charity responsible for inspiring Glasgow's citizens and visitors to lead richer and more active lives through culture, sport and learning.
At Glasgow Life we believe in the transformational power of the services we provide for the citizens of and visitors to the City of Glasgow. Glasgow Life has a significant role to play in ensuring Glasgow retains its position as a world class city following the 2014 Commonwealth Games. We operate 156 venues across Glasgow including Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum, the Emirates Arena, Mitchell Library and the Glasgow Royal Concert Hall. In addition we are proud to be responsible for Celtic Connections, the Glasgow Club and the City's 32 local libraries.
As Glasgow Life Assistant you will thrive in an environment where no two days are the same. You could start your day welcoming customers and processing admission at reception, next onto supervising bathers within the swimming pool (subject to NPLQ qualification) or coaching a sports session before finishing the day cleaning and preparing the venue for it all to begin again tomorrow. As you can see, flexibility is key.
Our busiest venues can attract 1500 customers per day, therefore you will not be afraid to roll up your sleeves playing a key role in maintaining the venue to the highest standards of cleanliness and presentation. With a strong focus on safety and customer service, you will assist customers in the safe and effective use of facilities and promote the wide range of services on offer through excellent product knowledge.
To be successful in this role you have the following skills and experience:
• National Pool Lifeguard Qualification and/or Sports Coaching Qualifications are desirable
• Excellent customer service skills with experience of working in a front-line service delivery role
• Ability to work on a flexible shift pattern (including regular weekend and evening working)
• Be peripatetic and able to work in locations across the city
• Proficient literacy and numeracy skills
• Good IT skills with previous experience of operating software systems
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with an aptitude to work with children and young people
Glasgow Life services are the top performing services delivered by or on behalf of Glasgow City Council. Three of the top four scores for satisfaction are achieved by our services, including Museums and Art Galleries, Libraries and Sport and Leisure Facilities. None of this would have been achieved without the considerable strength of our workforce – building on our commitment to make Glasgow a successful and vibrant city.
Membership of the Protection of Vulnerable Groups Scheme will be essential on taking up appointment.
Alternative Application Packs can be requested in other formats for example, Large Print, Braille, Audio and other languages. To request an alternative Application Pack please phone 0141 287 1054.
Packs will be posted out to you within 3 working days of receiving your telephone request.
Please note the closing date of the job advert to ensure that you give yourself plenty of time to complete your application form and return it to us.
For further information about working for us please refer to our website Working for us
Applications must be made online at myjobscotland.gov.uk