INTERNAL TO NORTH AYRSHIRE COUNCIL EMPLOYEES ONLY
To provide an administration and clerical support within the network of homeless services covering all of the functional activities for Temporary Accommodation Manager and staff.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• To undertake individual role in line with the Council's Strategic Priorities and in compliance with the Council's corporate policies and procedures.
• To undertake any other reasonably required duties as instructed by Management or someone acting on their behalf, in addition to the role specific tasks & responsibilities detailed below.
Role Specific Tasks & Responsibilities
• To maintain adequate systems of administration and support for all functional activities relating to the allocation and booking in and out of temporary accommodation.
• To deal directly with all telephone enquiries from other parts of the Homeless Service, relevant Partner agencies and the public.
• To provide an adequate service of word processing, database management and general office duties including the compilation of statistics.
• To maintain a computerised system of records of all homeless applicants including matching of clients to accommodation under the guidance and direction of the Temporary Accommodation Co-ordinator.
• To provide assistance to Temporary Accommodation Officers, in the execution of their duties by providing administrative support.
• Maintaining of accounts for Temporary Accommodation including taxi dockets and collation and recording of invoice information.
• Petty cash handling, including reconciliation and banking using GPC system.
• To process order for goods/services for Temporary Accommodation and reconciliation for payment once approval has been given.
• Organise, minute and transcribe various types of meetings as required.
• To Co-ordinate Furnished Tenancy Grants for homeless applicants.
ESSENTIAL / DESIRABLE CRITERIA
Education and QualificationsHNC or SVQ in administration/ customer service or equivalent.
Application Form Interview
ExperiencePrevious administrative experience gained in local government/ or experience in a customer focused organisation Previous experience within housing/homeless services Experience of invoicing procedures Application Form References Interview
Specialist KnowledgeMicrosoft packages Experience of current Housing issues and policies Application Form Interview Pre/Post-Interview Check (if appropriate)
Skills and AbilitiesAbility to work in a team successfully. Verbal and written communication skills Customer Service skills Interpersonal skills Attention to detail Typing/word processing skills Ability to work on own initiative Ability to work under pressure
Application Form References Interview
OtherWiling to undertake additional training Ability to travel throughout North Ayrshire Application Form Interview Pre/Post-Interview Check (if appropriate)
Staff Values & Behaviours
North Ayrshire Council uses behavioural based approach throughout the recruitment process. Our staff values of Focus, Passion & Inspiration will be explored for this vacancy.
Further information on how to complete behaviour based application form questions is available on the Council's website.
We put our customers first
We understand the bigger picture
Provide excellent customer services Meet and where possible exceed the expectations of internal and external customers. Understand the performance levels and standards required within our own role and strive to achieve and where possible exceed these. Know how the work we do fits into the overall performance of the Council.
We take pride in the jobs we do
We are ambitious for our communityTake ownership of our own actions and performance. Reflect on the work we do and consider how it could be improved. Have a positive impact on the lives of our customers and their communities. Push the boundaries to help our customers and communities realise their potential.
We all look for better ways to deliver our services
We achieve the best results togetherFind new ways to deliver improvements, efficiencies and value for money. Embrace change with enthusiasm and creative ideas. Work together and creatively produce the best outcomes for our customers and communities. Plan all activities with the end goal in mind.
For your information if this post requires references you will be notified of further details if you are successful in gaining an interview. Not providing relevant references when requested may delay the outcome of the interview process
Applications must be made online at myjobscotland.gov.uk