PVG / Disclosure Scotland
Social Worker (Mental Health Team)
Health and Social Care Partnership – Adults and Community Care
An opportunity has arisen for a suitably qualified Social Worker within our Mental Health Team based within the partnership's integrated Community Mental Health Team. The post if is offered on a permanent basis.
The Community Mental Health Team is a well-established and experienced team which is co-located within an integrated building providing the full range of social work, health, and primary health services.
Within East Dunbartonshire's Integrated Health and Social Care Partnership integrated working is central to the effective functioning of the team, and developing close working relationships with partners, stakeholders and services users, carers and families is crucial in ensuring the continuous improvement of our services.
Applicants should hold a professional social work qualification and should have experience of statutory social work within mental health services and an understanding of the Adults with Incapacity (Scotland) Act 2000, Adult Support and Protection (Scotland) Act 2007 and Mental Health (Care and Treatment) (Scotland) Act 2003 and their relevance. A Mental Health Officer qualification is desirable; for applicants who do not hold this qualification a willingness to train towards this qualification is expected.
You will need to hold a driving licence.
This is an exciting opportunity offering a varied and diverse range of experience across mental health services within an established, experienced and innovative team.
Enquires relating to this post can be made to Mike Hilferty, Team Manager, Mental Health, Social Work Team on 0141 355 2200
The following criteria applies to all roles within East Dunbartonshire Council where PVG/Disclosure checks are essential criteria
Where the post you are applying for is considered Regulated Work under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act, 2007, successful candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme, or undergo a PVG Scheme Update check, prior to confirmation of employment being made by East Dunbartonshire Council.
Please note, successful candidates will be expected to meet the cost of the relevant check which will be deducted from the successful candidate's first salary payment.
In specific circumstances the payment could be deducted in instalments from an employee's wages following commencement of employment. Approval in such circumstances will be made by HR Services Lead.
Should an employee leave in advance of the payment being deducted, the full amount will be deducted from the employee's final salary.
The criteria outlined above will apply to existing employees of East Dunbartonshire Council who apply for roles for which a PVG/Disclosure check is required.
The commitment by East Dunbartonshire Council to job applicants is as follows:
• Individuals will be treated in a polite, friendly and welcoming manner.
• Equalities monitoring will be conducted to ensure a fair and equitable process with
screening being carried out to anonymise sensitive information such as age, gender and disability.
• The information that we receive will be treated in confidence and with discretion. Only the relevant HR representative/team and the relevant service will see the application form.
• We will encourage and welcome applications from applicants under the disability symbol. Where the essential criteria are met an interview will be offered to those applying under the disability symbol.
• We will be pleased to make any reasonable adjustments to ensure accessibility at the interview.
• We will advise you within reasonable time after the closing date if you have not met the interview criteria. (Normally within 4 weeks)
• We will advise you of meeting the criteria for interview normally within 3 weeks.
• We will advise you if you have been successful or unsuccessful at the interview stage as soon as practically possible.
Applications must be made online at myjobscotland.gov.uk
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.