Glasgow Life is the charity responsible for inspiring Glasgow's citizens and visitors to lead richer and more active lives through culture, sport and learning.
At Glasgow Life we believe in the transformational power of the services we provide for the citizens of and visitors to the City of Glasgow. Glasgow Life has a significant role to play in ensuring Glasgow retains its position as a world class city following the 2014 Commonwealth Games. We operate 156 venues across Glasgow including Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum, the Emirates Arena, Mitchell Library and the Glasgow Royal Concert Hall. In addition we are proud to be responsible for Celtic Connections, the Glasgow Club and the City's 32 local libraries.
As Assistant Coach (Swimming) you will • Plan, deliver and implement a comprehensive and effective coaching programme for development and age group swimmers (reflecting individual swimmer needs), including attendance at all relevant training and competitions, under the direction of the Head Performance Coach.
• Contribute to the on-going education and technical development of development and age group swimmers in the programme under the direction of the Head Performance Coach.
• Liaise effectively with stakeholders and partners (including City of Glasgow Swim Team Management Committee, Glasgow School of Sport and Scottish Swimming) to ensure appropriate talent identification and performance pathways are in place.
• Communicate effectively with swimmers, parents and club officials to ensure all parties are clear on the objectives within the training groups in line with the City of Glasgow Swim Team criteria.
• Effective planning of weekly working schedules of junior coaching staff within the programme, including cover for absence and competitions.
• Line management of junior coaching staff as required.
• Programme planning and administrative duties as required.
To be successful in this role you have the following skills and experience:
UKCC Level 2 Swim Coaching qualification or equivalent.
Considerable experience of coaching and developing swimmers to Scottish or British national age group level (or equivalent)
Effective day-to-day IT skills
Experience of working within the voluntary sports club sector, club officials, parents and supporting coaches.
Ability to coach swimmers to improve technical skills and physiological readiness to perform.
Able to easily engage with and motivate young athletes and support personnel.
An understanding of the performance pathways in swimming.
Excellent organisational ability and effective resource planning and monitoring.
Proven programme planning skills and ability to meet goals and deadlines.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Able to work effectively in a team and consult and collaborate with a range of stakeholders and partners.
Glasgow Life services are the top performing services delivered by or on behalf of Glasgow City Council. Three of the top four scores for satisfaction are achieved by our services, including Museums and Art Galleries, Libraries and Sport and Leisure Facilities. None of this would have been achieved without the considerable strength of our workforce – building on our commitment to make Glasgow a successful and vibrant city.
Alternative Application Packs can be requested in other formats for example, Large Print, Braille, Audio and other languages. To request an alternative Application Pack please phone 0141 287 1054.
Packs will be posted out to you within 3 working days of receiving your telephone request.
Please note the closing date of the job advert to ensure that you give yourself plenty of time to complete your application form and return it to us.
For further information about working for us please refer to our website Working for us
Applications must be made online at myjobscotland.gov.uk
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.