- Sector: Retail
- Specialism: Sales Assistant, Sales Manager
- £32,480 to £40,600 per annum GBP 32480
- Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: GB027961
Keeping over 600 Lidl UK stores fully stocked is no small task. That's the job of our warehouses, matching supply and demand 24/7. With goods of all kinds flowing in and out, including fresh and frozen produce as well as non-food, it's essential that they are received, stored and delivered on time and in excellent condition. Working in either the Goods In, Selection or Transport team and reporting directly to your Team Manager for the Warehouse, you will be a key player in upholding our high quality standards. Leading and optimising the performance of your team you will ensure the stores in your region can open each day with a full range of products.
What will you do?
- Leading a team of Warehouse Operatives in either the Goods In, Selection or Transport department
- Ensuring the team receive, store, pack and transport stock in the optimum conditions to ensure the highest quality
- Supporting and motivating the team to work proactively to meet strict deadlines
- Supporting the Head of Logistics in all areas of warehouse operations
- Organising and carrying out warehouse inventories
- Providing training and development for your team
- Encouraging a pro-active approach to Health & Safety
- Continually developing working practices to increase levels of productivity
What will you need?
- Plenty of drive and ambition
- A hands-on, results-oriented approach
- The determination to deliver on time, every time
- A talent for managing people and controlling costs
- The ability to motivate and inspire others
- The ability to multi-task
- Strong organisational and communication skills
- Lots of flexibility
- An appetite for challenge
What do we offer?
- £32,480 - £40,600 per annum (subject to experience)
- 10% London Weighting benefit (non contractual) for employees working within the M25
- 30 days holiday per annum (pro rata, including Bank Holidays), rising to 35 days after 2 years
- A contributory pension scheme
- 10% discount on all Lidl products, in all stores throughout the UK
- Access to corporate discounts on a range of products and services (including holidays, home and garden products, leisure activities and more)
- Initial training and on-going development from an experienced team member
- Brilliant opportunities to take on more responsibility and long term career prospects
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.