- Sector: Financial Services and Investment
- Location: Edinburgh
- Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 65420
The RequirementsWe're looking for a Business Intelligence Manager to join us in Edinburgh
- We're looking for a full time or part time finance professional with relevant experience in cost management, an analytical mind-set and excellent attention to detail to join us as a Finance Business Intelligence Manager
- You’ll be accountable for the provision of information to Property & Operations Business Partner, who in turn will support and challenge of the business, ensuring that value is generated for the bank
- This varied fixed term contract offers the opportunity for you to apply your business knowledge and expertise. In return you'll gain the opportunity to see, understand and influence the delivery of Property & Operations financial challenges, month end, budgets & reforecasts and cost allocations
- The role is offered on a 12 month fixed term contract
What you'll do
Working closely with the wider Property and Operations team, your finance colleagues, the business and a variety of senior stakeholders, you’ll provide innovative analytical support and commercial insight in order to manage the end to end delivery of a range of structured initiatives and projects.
You’ll apply your financial knowledge and expertise to challenge and influence decision making throughout the entirety of the process, and adopt an innovative and introspective approach when analysing our own processes and identifying key areas for development.
Contributing significantly to the management of financial performance, you’ll execute regular reviews to identify areas of improvement and develop the strategic business plans, budgets and forecasts. As well as this, you’ll develop financial solutions that deliver timely and action-oriented outputs that can drive commercial discussions and decisions, identifying the best possible outcome for our customers, and continually driving improvement.
You'll also be:
- Developing an understanding of the Services CAO & COO and Functions business whilst gaining the opportunity to get involved in team, department and bank-wide projects
- Supporting operating model changes to ensure Cost Management remains current and fit for purpose
- Support the delivery of cost allocations data and commentary to the Services & Functions Finance central cost allocations team
The skills you'll need
We'll be looking to you to come from a finance or similar background, with relevant cost management experience. You'll have some previous experience in a business analytical environment, with an appetite for data management and delivery orientation and an analytical and enquiring nature and skillset.
You'll also need commercial awareness and an ability to communicate financial information in a concise, non-technical manner. You'll have an ability to work in a flexible environment, with planning and organisation capabilities, and you'll be a qualified or qualifying CA, ACA, CIMA or equivalent.
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 30% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
ng-bindingAt RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.