- Sector: Financial Services and Investment
- Specialism: Customer Service, Financial Services and Investment Admin
- Location: Edinburgh
- Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 51456
As an IT Storage Professional you'll play a pivotal role within IT Operations by providing System Administration on our Enterprise NAS Storage Platform that supports our Retail and Corporate Institutional Banking (CIB) Businesses. This is an exceptional opportunity for you to embrace a variety of technologies where we're happy to train you if required. This is an exciting time to join as we're currently engaged in large scale migration projects. You'd be joining the Storage Services Team who support our UK and Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) and India business areas.
Technology is all around you – in the systems you use, in your daily routines, in how you interact with colleagues and customers. We help systems to run smoothly, manage technology change and offer our support and expertise. We do this by designing, building, implementing and supporting global technology for the bank.
Our Vision sets the direction for how we’ll continue to transform and improve technology across the bank. We’ve continued to innovate and improve our systems' resiliency and simplify our services to make banking quick, convenient and safe for our customers. As consumer and technology trends continue to evolve we strive to stay ahead of the curve always thinking long term.
What you'll do
As an IT Storage Professional, you'll be part of our distributed Storage Operations team helping to manage and enhance the Bank’s Network Attached Storage service. Using your technical expertise you'll manage NAS capacity and performance using appropriate reporting and monitoring tools whilst provisioning Storage requests as defined by Business requirements. In addition to this your responsibilities will include:
- Completing requests for Storage changes and working with different Infrastructure teams on technologies that NAS depends on
- Maintaining market awareness of new products that could offer improved value to the business
- Liaising with Infrastructure Design Architects to help design and optimize NAS storage solutions
- Ensuring the Business conducts its usage and consumption of Storage in accordance with all relevant policies
- Manage and support all NAS Storage services & Infrastructure in line with RBS policies and procedures
- Participate in an on call rota for out of hours Storage Infrastructure support
What you'll bring
As an IT Storage Professional your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- A background in NAS infrastructure & support
- Experience in managing Storage Infrastructure under Change & Incident Management
- Working knowledge of dependent client & server Operating Systems (Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows Server, RHEL)
- Good knowledge of NAS Storage Protocols (CIFS, NFS, SFTP)
- Working knowledge of Backup Infrastructure including NDMP
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP, NTP, Local Area Networks and Wide Area Networks
- Working knowledge of Active Directory, WINS, DNS and NIS
- Any scripting expertise is highly beneficial
- The ability to communicate and explain technical matters clearly with Project Managers and a global platform of end users who may be non-technical in nature
- The ability to investigate, troubleshoot and resolve operational issues within defined SLAs
- NetApp certified qualifications an added bonus
You'll also have experience in managing NetApp hardware & software, including:
- FAS Storage arrays
- Data ONTAP 7-mode
- Clustered Data ONAP
- Oncommand Unified Manager & Protection Manager
- Snapshots, Snapmirror and Snapvault
- Management of vFilers, Aggregates, Flexvols, Qtrees, Dedupe and Compression.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 25% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities. For more information on our benefits, please visit our website.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome. That’s why we want you to know that we'll work with you to make the application process as smooth as possible. So please just let us know if you need any adjustments or support – we'll do whatever we can to help.
If we offer you a job, we’ll discuss with you how we can help set you up for success, including by making adjustments to your working environment if required.
If you are experiencing any technical issues when applying for this role, please refer to our FAQ section for assistance.
At RBS, we are focused on becoming the UK’s number one bank for customer service, trust and advocacy by 2020. We are simplifying our business, concentrating on the areas where we can lead the market, and placing our customers at the heart of everything we do.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.