- Location: Glasgow
- £39,457.20 to £45,731.60 per annum, BS5 Grade 8 GBP 39457
- Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Please see description
- Reference: GLA02500
Glasgow Life is the charity responsible for inspiring Glasgow's citizens and visitors to lead richer and more active lives through culture, sport and learning.
At Glasgow Life we believe in the transformational power of the services we provide for the citizens of and visitors to the City of Glasgow. We operate 156 venues across Glasgow including Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum, the Emirates Arena, the Glasgow Club and the City's 32 local libraries.
Glasgow Life's Arts, Music & Cultural Venues Service is proud to be responsible for the Glasgow Royal Concert Hall, Celtic Connections, Tramway, Glasgow International, Kelvingrove Bandstand, City Halls, the Old Fruitmarket, and Glasgow UNESCO City of Music.
Responsible to Head of Arts, Music & Cultural Venues
Remuneration at Grade 8 Level
The post-holder will lead on the business development and commercial growth of the Arts, Music & Cultural Venues Service, with specific responsibility for the commercial development of Glasgow Life Tickets, our in-house box office and ticketing operation.
Key tasks and responsibilities include:
1. Generate growth in ticketing and other income streams, and drive business across the Service portfolio.
2. Create and implement the ticketing business model and strategy
3. Identify revenue growth opportunities and implement efficiencies and cost savings.
4. Management of the internal business unit
5. Procurement and management of external suppliers
6. Undertake forecasting analysis and monitor income and sales against targets, creating and distributing reports as requested
7. Coordinate customised sales and marketing materials to suit varied potential business audiences
8. Demonstrate strong leadership and good client stewardship, thereby safeguarding the relationship with clients
9. Monitor and manage all allocations to optimise availability and maximise income for all price types across all events
10. Proactively advocate for Glasgow Life ticketing, venue and event services to new and existing internal and external clients.
11. Prospect for new leads, maintain and develop relationships through meetings, regular phone calls, and attendance at industry events.
12. Engage in independent research and discovery across the Glasgow, Scotland and UK event market, leading directly to income generation and sales.
13. Monitor industry trends and create plans to address gaps and increase revenue opportunities.
14. Monitor competitor clients' offer with regard to products, pricing, weaknesses and strengths to ensure development of robust and appropriate sales strategy.
15. Work closely with all departments to ensure smooth operation of client business.
16. Manage a team of staff, providing guidance and support, and assisting them to carry out their roles effectively and to the highest standard to ensure successful delivery
17. Support and represent the Head of Arts, Music & Cultural Venues as required
18. All other duties as required to fulfil the role
To be successful in this role you have the following skills and experience:
1. Demonstrable experience in sales and business development in the commercial event ticketing industry.
2. Strong business development and operational experience within the commercial music, cultural, or entertainment sectors.
3. Significant experience of ticketing business management for high profile cultural venues and events.
4. Proven track record of identifying income growth opportunities, growing income, and of reaching and exceeding sales goals via new and existing business.
5. Strong commercial outlook with experience of forecasting, financial management, Profit & Loss accounts and performance reporting.
6. Understanding of the music, cultural, and entertainment market place, particularly in Scotland.
7. Experience of successful client relationship stewardship
8. Established network of contacts including, for example, promoters, artists and management, venues, suppliers, and festivals and event owners.
9. A proven ability to work in partnership with multiple stakeholders and partners at a variety of levels.
10. Strong customer focus and a commitment to delivering exceptionally high standards of service.
11. Results and target driven with a strategic approach to business and strong tactical understanding and attention to detail.
12. Experience organising and managing teams of people, activities, and financial resources.
13. Ability to interrogate data, recommend actions and establish priorities.
14. Ability to communicate and influence at a senior level and confidently provide expert advice to internal and external stakeholders.
15. Educated to Degree level or equivalent vocational training.
16. High level of written and spoken English.
17. Excellent communication skills, including digital and IT skills.
Glasgow Life is an equal opportunities employer. Applications are actively encouraged and prioritised from candidates from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic backgrounds.
Glasgow Life services are the top performing services delivered by or on behalf of Glasgow City Council. Three of the top four scores for satisfaction are achieved by our services, including Museums and Art Galleries, Libraries and Sport and Leisure Facilities. None of this would have been achieved without the considerable strength of our workforce – building on our commitment to make Glasgow a successful and vibrant city.
This position requires a Standard DisclosureApplication Packs
Alternative Application Packs can be requested in other formats for example, Large Print, Braille, Audio and other languages. To request an alternative Application Pack please phone 0141 287 1054.
Packs will be posted out to you within 3 working days of receiving your telephone request.
Please note the closing date of the job advert to ensure that you give yourself plenty of time to complete your application form and return it to us.
For further information about working for us please refer to our website Working for us
Applications must be made online at myjobscotland.gov.uk
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.