Before applying for this job, it is important that you read the Applicant Guidance by clicking on the attachments below. These explain the job role and the type of person we are looking for.
A vacancy has arisen for a Landscape Supervisor who is required to supervise operational staff/squads ensuring that work is carried out efficiently, meeting agreed timescales and making the best use of available resources and ensuring methods and practices, comply with relevant policies, procedures and legislation. Experience and knowledge of horticulture, an awareness of Health & Safety issues and experience of supervising staff are essential.
During periods of short absences you will be expected to carry out the day-to-day supervisory duties of the Landscape Services Officer i.e. checking of time sheets, allocation of work programmes etc. for which extra payment will be made in recognition of any greater responsibility taken.
A current valid driving licence is essential, as the ability to travel to various sites is required.
Location: Duties will be carried out in Banff and Fraserburgh
The majority of posts within Aberdeenshire Council fall into one of the categories as detailed on the Worksmart website - http://worksmart.aberdeenshire.gov.uk/
This post has a minimum requirement of 1 reference which must be your current or most recent employer.
Informal Enquiries Contact: Ken Regan 01261 813380Responsibilities
Supervision of all operational staff within defined area, giving instruction and guidance as required in all aspects of landscape maintenance including grave digging operations as required also to ensure that work allocated by the Landscape Services Officer is carried out timeously and efficiently in compliance with all relevant policies and legislation. You will ensure that all work carried out is in accordance with safe working practices and the Councils Health and Safety policy.
During short term absence the Supervisor will be expected to carry out the day to day supervisory duties of the Landscape Services Officer, e.g. allocation of work programmes, checking of time sheets, etc.
As an employee you act as a representative for the Council when interfacing with members of the public and will do so in polite, courteous and friendly manner.
• Assisting the Landscape Services Officer in allocation of duties to operational staff
• To ensure that all operational staff are operating efficiently and work quality/quantity targets are met
• Monitor and report to Landscape Services Officer uncompleted work and shortage of resources
• Monitor and report to Landscape Services Officer breaches in discipline and/or unsafe working practices
• Reporting machinery/transport breakdowns
• The post holder will have responsibility for the management of any personnel allocated to the Area including responsibility for personnel and the public under the Health & Safety at Work Act and other associated Regulations
• Completion and Collation of all necessary paperwork as required
• Use of technical skills (e.g. interpretation of plans, site preparation and construction, soft and hard landscaping, setting out of pitches, use of computerised systems).
• Qualification or experience in relevant Horticulture/Agriculture disciplines
• Supervision of staff
• Current valid driving licence
• Some formal Horticultural/Agricultural Certification ? SVQ 2 or equivalent
• Awareness of Health & Safety issues
• Ability to Communicate well both verbal & written
• Experience in the use of machinery
• Self motivated
• Mature attitude to safety procedures
• Able to work on own initiative
• Horticultural experience with a local authority
• Health & Safety training
• Knowledge of Horticultural Plant & equipment
• Knowledge of grave digging Operations
• SVQ 3 Supervisory Studies
• First Aid Certification
• Chainsaw Certificate
• Pesticide PA1 & PA6
• Ability to interpret landscape plans
• Basic level of Computer skills
• Knowledge of hard landscaping techniques
• Confident & Friendly manner
• A responsible attitude towards work and colleagues
Applications must be made online at myjobscotland.gov.uk
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.