- Location: Kirkintilloch
- £18,650.50 to £21,059.30 per annum, Grade 5 (SS35) GBP 18650
- Hours: Part Time
- Contact: Please see description
- Reference: EAD01615
This post is only available to all permanent and temporary employees and agency workers currently on assignment within East Dunbartonshire Council.
Hours - 21 (Pattern to be agreed)
We are looking for an enthusiastic, flexible, self-motivated individuals to join the Finance Support Teams within the Shared Services Department based in Southbank Marina, Kirkintilloch, delivering finance support to Directorates across the Council.
Responsibilities of the role will include assisting with development and implementation of standardised, streamlined, efficient processes to ensure effective service delivery to all Council Directorates, along with the update and maintenance of a variety of information systems across the Council. For full details please see the Role Profile.
Essential requirements for this post include :-
• excellent organisation and co-ordination skills
• good interpersonal and motivational skills
• ability to work to tight deadlines
• ability to function well as part of a team
• excellent ICT and data management skills
Applicants must be customer focused with a can-do attitude interested in working within an exciting and busy department.
Further information can be obtained from Linda Law (Tel 601 8714).
Charter of Commitment
The following criteria applies to all roles within East Dunbartonshire Council where PVG/Disclosure checks are essential criteria
Where the post you are applying for is considered Regulated Work under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act, 2007, successful candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme, or undergo a PVG Scheme Update check, prior to confirmation of employment being made by East Dunbartonshire Council.
Please note, successful candidates will be expected to meet the cost of the relevant check which will be deducted from the successful candidate’s first salary payment.
In specific circumstances the payment could be deducted in instalments from an employee’s wages following commencement of employment. Approval in such circumstances will be made by HR Services Lead.
Should an employee leave in advance of the payment being deducted, the full amount will be deducted from the employee’s final salary.
The criteria outlined above will apply to existing employees of East Dunbartonshire Council who apply for roles for which a PVG/Disclosure check is required.
The commitment by East Dunbartonshire Council to job applicants is as follows:
• Individuals will be treated in a polite, friendly and welcoming manner.
• Equalities monitoring will be conducted to ensure a fair and equitable process with screening being carried out to anonymise sensitive information such as age, gender and disability.
• The information that we receive will be treated in confidence and with discretion. Only the relevant HR representative/team and the relevant service will see the application form.
• We will encourage and welcome applications from applicants under the disability symbol. Where the essential criteria are met an interview will be offered to those applying under the disability symbol.
• We will be pleased to make any reasonable adjustments to ensure accessibility at the interview.
• We will advise you within reasonable time after the closing date if you have not met the interview criteria. (Normally within 4 weeks)
• We will advise you of meeting the criteria for interview normally within 3 weeks.
• We will advise you if you have been successful or unsuccessful at the interview stage as soon as practically possible.
Applications must be made online at myjobscotland.gov.uk