This post is only available to all permanent and temporary employees and agency workers currently on assignment within East Dunbartonshire Council.
Please note this post is temporary to cover maternity leave for a period of six months initially or until the current post holder returns.
Hours: 17.5 hours Job Share
Shift pattern: Wk 1 - Wed, Thurs, Fri / Wk 2 - Thurs, Friday (9am to 5pm)
We are looking for an enthusiastic, flexible and self-motivated individual to join the School Support Co-ordinator Team within the Shared Services Department based in Southbank Marina, Kirkintilloch.
Reporting to the Team Leader – Finance; your main responsibilities will include the efficient and effective delivery of administrative and finance support within the school clusters and the wider Finance and Shared Services Team. You will advise and support the Head Teachers and other senior staff on the more complex aspects of financial and administration management. Duties will include monitoring school budgets to ensure financial commitments are recorded within established financial monitoring procedures. Typically you will liaise with a variety of managers from other departments of the Council in relation to financial administration.
It is essential that candidates are educated to a good standard and have extensive experience of working in finance or administration preferably within an education environment. An HNC/HND qualification or equivalent in a relevant discipline is desirable.
If you require any additional information please contact Linda Law, Team Leader - Finance on (601 8714).
Current Cluster Schools:
HOLY TRINITY PRIMARY
TWECHAR LCRPVG / Disclosure Scotland
The following criteria applies to all roles within East Dunbartonshire Council where PVG/Disclosure checks are essential criteria
Where the post you are applying for is considered Regulated Work under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act, 2007, successful candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme, or undergo a PVG Scheme Update check, prior to confirmation of employment being made by East Dunbartonshire Council.
Please note, successful candidates will be expected to meet the cost of the relevant check which will be deducted from the successful candidate’s first salary payment.
In specific circumstances the payment could be deducted in instalments from an employee’s wages following commencement of employment. Approval in such circumstances will be made by HR Services Lead.
Should an employee leave in advance of the payment being deducted, the full amount will be deducted from the employee’s final salary.
The criteria outlined above will apply to existing employees of East Dunbartonshire Council who apply for roles for which a PVG/Disclosure check is required.
Charter of Commitment
The commitment by East Dunbartonshire Council to job applicants is as follows:
• Individuals will be treated in a polite, friendly and welcoming manner.
• Equalities monitoring will be conducted to ensure a fair and equitable process with screening being carried out to anonymise sensitive information such as age, gender and disability.
• The information that we receive will be treated in confidence and with discretion. Only the relevant HR representative/team and the relevant service will see the application form.
• We will encourage and welcome applications from applicants under the disability symbol. Where the essential criteria are met an interview will be offered to those applying under the disability symbol.
• We will be pleased to make any reasonable adjustments to ensure accessibility at the interview.
• We will advise you within reasonable time after the closing date if you have not met the interview criteria. (Normally within 4 weeks)
• We will advise you of meeting the criteria for interview normally within 3 weeks.
• We will advise you if you have been successful or unsuccessful at the interview stage as soon as practically possible.
Applications must be made online at myjobscotland.gov.uk