Reference Code: OBAN12217
Position: Hostel Assistant/Housekeeping (part-time)
Location: Oban Youth Hostel, Esplanade, Oban, Argyll, PA34 5AF
Salary Details: £7.50 per hour
Hours per week: 20 hours per week worked over 5 days out of 7.
Contract: Fixed term, immediate start until 01/Oct/17 with possible extension
Accommodation: This is a live-out position
We are currently seeking a self-motivated and enthusiastic individual with commitment to provide an excellent customer service to join our team at our 5-star Oban Youth Hostel.
Oban Youth Hostel is located on the beautiful seafront with stunning views over the Firth of Lorne and the Inner Hebrides and sleeps 87 guests maximum and is ideal for individuals, groups and families.
You will be part of our professional and dedicated team and will ensure that all youth hostel customer services and guest facility provisions are welcoming, clean, comfortable, secure, safe, accessible, and maintained to the appropriate quality standard within the resources priorities available to enhance guest experience and expectations.
The main responsibilities of this post:
- To maintain the standards of cleanliness in all public areas provided within Oban Youth Hostel, including the cleaning of accommodation, public toilets/bathrooms, self-catering kitchen and outside areas of the hostel as well as housekeeping duties such as bed making, laundry duties, the daily stock taking and distribution and collection of linen throughout the hostel.
Suitable candidate will have:
- A commitment to high standards of customer service
- A high standard of housekeeping skills with good general level of fitness
- Previous housekeeping experience as well as a positive approach to work with confidence
- Ability to work without supervision and to use own initiatives.
- The provision of customer service during busy times can be demanding. Flexibility and adaptability as well as a can-do attitude and the ability to work under pressure will be an important attribute of the candidate.
- It is not essential, but applications will be considered favourably from candidates who have a good knowledge of the local and surrounding area, to be able to deliver first class guest information and help with travel planning as well as giving our guests inspiration on how to make the most of their stay in the area.
- The role involves some degree of physical activities such as making/stripping beds or turning over mattresses upper and lower bunk beds, bending/stretching and any other activities associated with cleaning and housekeeping.
- A successful candidate is required to provide two satisfactory references and to apply for a Basic Disclosure before they can commence their employment with SYHA.
SYHA Hostelling Scotland is a self-funding charity operating a network of over 60 exceptional youth and affiliate hostels for the benefit of all those wishing to learn and experience what Scotland has to offer. Our unique sites provide affordable, comfortable, safe and quality-assured accommodation with a warm friendly welcome, local knowledge, activities and services for guests travelling around Scotland.
How to apply:
Further information on this position and to obtain job description and application form please visit: ; If you think you have the skills and experience to match our requirements, please forward your application form with covering letter to Argyll Group Manager, Oban Youth Hostel, Corran Esplanade, Oban, Argyll, PA34 5AF or .
Closing Date: 31/Jul/17
Please note SYHA operates a policy where only successful applicants will be contacted. If you do not hear from us within two weeks of the closing date you have not been shortlisted on this occasion.
SYHA has a commitment to Equal Opportunities and Diversity
SYHA Hostelling Scotland (also known as SYHA) is a registered Scottish charity, No. SC013138 and a company limited by guarantee, registered in Scotland, No. SC310841, Registered Office 7 Glebe Crescent, Stirling FK8 2JA
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.