Senior Information Security Consultant - Project Consultancy Team
Full time, Permanent
Salary from £38,000 DoE
We are looking for individuals with high integrity and drive who have a real passion for Information Security.
As an Information Security Consultant you will become part of the dynamic Security Consultancy Team within Information Security.
Information Security threats and risks are constantly evolving and you will have an important role in protecting the company and its customers. You will work across a number of the Bank’s change initiatives and provide security consultancy to Business and Technical stakeholders at all levels. You will take a leading role in ensuring that security controls are delivered inside Projects and change initiatives in line with Business risk appetite.
The role is all about…
- Defining appropriate security requirements and controls to mitigate identified security risks across the Bank’s change initiatives.
- Influencing the right security risk outcomes for the organisation in line with its Business risk appetite.
- Driving compliance with Information Security Standards, as well as Legal, Regulatory and Scheme security requirements.
- Ensuring that required controls are implemented by working closely with Design, Build and Test teams as well as Business stakeholders.
- Assuring key controls through the coordination of 3rd party security testing.
- Communicate security risks to stakeholders at all levels throughout the organisation.
- Develop and build relationship with key business and technical stakeholders and central functions including Audit, Compliance and Financial Governance.
- Performing a lead role within the team and act as a point of escalation into the Consultancy Services Manager
We need you to have…
- A passion for IT and Security;
- Working knowledge of fundamental IT concepts
- Practical experience of multiple Information Security domains within a corporate environment
- A flair for influencing, persuasion and presentation
- Excellent communication skills and ability to influence change at very Senior Management Level
- An ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast changing environment
- An aptitude to quickly assimilate and understand complex changes in order to efficiently present information to identify issues and consider solutions.
- The ability to engage a range of stakeholders to influence decisions to improve security across the company.
- Practical experience of risk management principles and methodology.
- Proven ability to make sound pragmatic decisions and judgments under tight timelines, within a dynamic and fast moving project environment.
We would like you to have... -
- Previous experience in leading and developing a small team
- Professional Information Security Qualification – eg CISSP, CISM, CompTIA Security+, CompTIA CASP etc
- Experience of working within an agile project development environment.
We will look after you:
- A competitive starting salary, from £38,000 DoE
- 30 days holiday plus public holidays, and if that's not enough, you have the option to buy even more
- Excellent City Centre location, near Glasgow Central and Queen Street train station, as well as main bus routes and underground
- The opportunity to shape the Bank’s security control environment against an ever-changing threat landscape
- Become part of a large and growing team passionate about what they do and each other
- Take your career in a new direction with the support and direction of a people-oriented management team
- Working with a talented and dynamic team of information security professionals
- Not forgetting our pension scheme, as well as attractive discounts on banking products, and popular high street stores and restaurants
Points to note: If we offer you the job, and you accept you will be required to pass a credit and criminal record check, as well as providing 3 years' worth of satisfactory references
We are an equal opportunity employer (in accordance with applicable legislation) and do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, ethnic origin, age, religion, sexual orientation, non disqualifying physical or mental disability or any other basis covered by local legislation. All employment related decisions are made entirely on merit.