The BusinessWe're looking for a Strategic Communications Adviser to join us in Edinburgh
- This role will see you providing strategic communications advice to the Chief HR Officer and to other senior leaders in Human Resources
- You'll advise on leadership communications across the function, ensuring a clear and consistent narrative
- HR has a key leadership role in making RBS a great place to work and embedding great professional capability across the business, making this an influential role
What you'll do
You will provide trusted advice and guidance to the Chief HR Officer and other leaders in Human Resources on the key strategic issues facing the function, advising on the most effective means of engaging our people. You'll then take the lead in delivering prioritised, strategic bank-wide campaigns which reinforce their agendas, working with colleagues across Business Communications, Colleague Communications and the Communications & Marketing Delivery teams. Other key aspects of your role will include:
- Producing authentic and highly valued leadership communications for business leaders
- Taking the lead in creating strategic narratives and plans which connect to the priorities of these businesses, while supporting the overall bank strategy
- Acting as the primary point of contact for the communications leadership team on all material issues involving business agendas in Personal & Business Banking Services
- Working closely with the wider Communications & Marketing function
The skills you'll need
We're looking for a proven strategic thinker with the ability to translate strategy and plans into simple actionable steps. You'll need a history of successfully delivering communications initiatives that add value to the business, together with the ability to lead, motivate and develop people. We'll also expect:
- Experience of business partnering activities across multiple stakeholders, ideally in a large corporate setting
- A good understanding of communication channels and end-to-end campaign planning and delivery
- Strong communications, networking and influencing skills at a senior and executive level
- Strategic thinking, and the ability to translate strategy and plans into simple actionable steps
- Excellent knowledge of RBS at all levels of the organisation
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 30% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
ng-bindingAt RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.