- Sector: Financial Services and Investment
- Specialism: Customer Service, Financial Services and Investment Admin
- Location: Edinburgh
- Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 65235
The RequirementsJoin us as Service Analyst in Edinburgh
- In this specialised role, you'll join us in the File Transfer team within Infrastructure Services, where you'll be replied upon to support us to deliver the very best service
- You'll be providing and supporting day-to-day technology based services to our customers, relating to systems, networks or end users, underpinned by end-to-end processes
- The File Transfer team provide primary support during core hours and an additional out of hours support model via on call, which ensures that they maximise service availability, so you'll need to be prepared to be on call at certain times (this can be discussed at the interview stage)
What you'll do
Your role involves working to monitor and support the day to day infrastructure that transfers data between a large number of internal and external clients. This can be across both Host and Off Host platforms. You'll monitor both Host and Off Host platforms in support of the File Transfer infrastructure, and perform daily checks to ensure delivery of our core service in accordance with Service Level Agreements.
- Perform 1st level technical recovery for incidents using documentation provided or under instruction from the Service Support teams
- Contribute to incident management by invoking the process in a timely manner, participating in meetings as required and performing recovery actions under instruction
- Act as the first point of contact for the File Transfer team, manage the Helpdesk and monitor incident and problem management incidents
- Contribute to the implementation of fixes and modifications by engaging in the change management process by implementing records assigned to as required
- Support a central point of customer contact and first or second level support using the incident management and request fulfilment processes
- Provide development or support in either a production or development environment, as well as efficient and effective design, development, implementation or support of IT systems
- Influence colleagues across the bank on the proposed area of technical knowledge service, ensuring recommendations are in line with the overall business strategy, standards and policy
The skills you'll need
We're looking for someone who can work well in a team, who can show a passion for self-development.
Experience within the RBS is useful, but we are generally seeking people with a real drive towards providing and supporting long term, sustainable technology solutions.
To succeed in this role, you'll also need knowledge of:
- Connect Direct Software Infrastructure
- Secure+, SFTP and FTPs
- Service Management Execution (Incident, Problem, Change Management )
- Risk Management
- IBM Mainframes and Off Host systems (Windows / Unix)
You'll need an ability to complete tasks in a timely and accurate manner, with excellent problem solving skills.
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 25% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.