The BusinessJoin us as a Financial Control Manager, Complex Leasing in Edinburgh
- You'll be part of a team responsible for financial control activity for a specific business area
- We'll look to you to provide detailed advice which will in turn shape the strategy and operating model for financial control
- Joining a brand new team, you'll be delivering to customers at a senior level, and you'll have the opportunity to significantly broaden your financial control expertise
- The work you do will help us to establish and maintain the trust and confidence of our customers and stakeholders
What you'll do
You'll work within a team who are responsible for the delivery of end to end financial control activity, supported across the Financial Control/Hub teams within the Global Finance Services (GFS). You'll deliver to customers at a senior level across Finance areas, including Financial Control and Business Intelligence. You'll also provide detailed advice to shape the strategy and operating model for financial control. Here, you'll establish and maintain the trust and confidence of key customers and stakeholders. Through the provision of guidance on the process, you'll make sure process control and risk management is in place, and you'll perform a detailed review and challenge of output from other areas.
Your role will also involve:
- Responsibility for delivery of monthly, quarterly and annual financial information
- Providing first level analytical review, challenge and analysis
- Negotiating the delivery of both business as usual and ad hoc work
- Involvement in mandatory bank wide projects
- Proactively establishing and maintaining strong working relationships with key customers and stakeholders across GFS
The skills you'll need
We're looking for a fully qualified accountant with exceptional communication skills. It would be ideal to also have some leasing experience.
You'll also bring:
- Some post qualification experience gained in a Finance environment, preferably in the financial services industry
- Statutory accounting experience
- Experience of working in an environment where managing tight deadlines and key finance deliverables is critical
- The ability to develop and maintain strong business relationships in a changing environment
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 30% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
ng-bindingAt RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.