The BusinessJoin us in Edinburgh as a Model Risk Framework Manager
- If you have significant experience in a model review, development or governance role, this may be an ideal opportunity
- You'll be working on activities relating to all aspects related to developing, maintaining and improving a model risk framework
- You'll have exposure to senior management from each of the bank's main functions, franchises and legal entities
- Flexible working will be a feature of this role
What you'll do
You'll be supporting the Head of model Risk Governance to develop, maintain and improve a new RBS framework that facilitates the identification, assessment, mitigation, monitoring and reporting of model risks, to make sure that residual model risk remains within the bank's executives' risk appetites.
You'll work with your team to:
- Deliver bank wide policy and mandatory procedures for the governance and control of Model Risk, including related documents required by the policy framework team
- Design, collate, maintain and control an aggregated bank-wide model inventory
- Design and roll-out a bank-wide risk appetite approved by the bank’s Executives and cascaded to businesses, functions and legal entities
- Assist all areas of the bank to have appropriate governance and minimum standards in place that enables each area to report and manage their model risk and remain within their executive’s risk appetite
The skills you'll need
To join us in this role, you'll need significant experience in a model review, model development or model governance role. You'll have expert knowledge of policy management and control processes across multiple lines of business and will have detailed knowledge of model-related regulatory requirements, with a particular emphasis on Basel 2/3 and FRB/OCC SR 11-7 and SR 15-18. Strong MS Office knowledge will also be a must.
You'll also need:
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with senior management
- Excellent relationship building and stakeholder management skills
- Project management or team work experience
- The ability to establish a clear direction or roadmap, set and track objectives, and work closely with senior team members to deliver outcomes consistent with industry leading practices
- Excellent organisational skills, with a proven ability to manage your workload in order to meet deadlines
- Experience writing and proof-reading papers of a sufficiently high enough quality to be submitted to regulators and external auditors
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 30% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.