The RequirementsJoin us in Edinburgh or London as Senior Data Scientist
- You'll be the driver behind of the bank's evolution of its Data Science capability
- You'll select and develop new techniques for solving complex data related problems
- This exciting role will put you at the forefront of educating and selling the developments in data science across the bank
- You'll grow your abilities alongside this team, bringing an innovative and passionate approach to data science to benefit our business
What you'll do
You'll join Data & Analytics in our brand new Data Design & Innovation team. We'll look to you to develop new insights from data assets using advanced data science techniques, and support the Data Innovation design team with insight and analysis.
Your role will involve:
- Leading a team of data scientists to explore and demonstrate how new techniques can be applied to data to drive value across our business
- Engaging the existing Data Scientist and Data Analyst community to identify and deliver opportunities to support the bank’s strategic direction through the better use of our data
- Embedding through role modelling, training and design oversight the use of new data techniques, into the business
- Driving (from a data science perspective) the processes of pilot and Proof of Concept (PoC) delivery to prove opportunities and develop business cases to drive those opportunities; influencing stakeholders and gaining stakeholder support across the bank as required
- Having a deep understanding of leading-edge analytical techniques coupled with a good understanding of the bank operations, revenue drivers, risks and key customer interactions across all franchises
- Designing to pilot, new ideas in PoCs, and subsequently larger projects
- Representing the bank on the technical aspects of data innovation at industry forums, conferences and as part of regulator discussions as required
The skills you'll need
To succeed in this role, you'll need an excellent understanding of the bank across all franchises and functions from a business and data perspective.
You'll also have:
- Deep experience of data science techniques, including the pragmatic implementation of Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence and multi-variant analysis techniques
- Experience of tools used to deploy advanced techniques, including some of R, Impala, SAS, Python, Spark in a structured and unstructured data environment
- An ability to work with and influence very senior stakeholders
- An ability to manage a portfolio of technically complex opportunities simultaneously
- A structured thinker having the ability to clarify and simplify complex ideas
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 30% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
ng-bindingAt RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.