The BusinessWe're looking for a Personal Assistant in Edinburgh
- This is an exciting opportunity to join our Technology Controls team as a Personal Assistant
- Joining a friendly, but fast paced environment, you'll be providing administrative support to the Head of Technology Controls
- You'll enjoy a great deal of variety in your work and you'll gain a rare vantage on how we're working to serve our customers and plan for the future
What you'll do
You'll be providing secretarial support to the Head of Technology Controls, ensuring the smooth running and delivery of their management agenda. This will involve providing clear and effective diary management, organising meetings and screening telephone calls and emails.
You'll also be:
- Undertaking a variety of tasks to support the wider team and the day to day running of the business
- Maintaining an efficient office environment by managing team calendars and preparing any information or papers required for meetings
- Maintaining the department's online holiday schedule, ensuring accurate tracking of annual entitlement and any processing changes
- Making travel and accommodation arrangements
- Supporting the organisation of business unit events, away days, communication cascade events and reward and recognition events
- Processing senior managers' monthly expense claims in line with policy
The skills you'll need
Essentially, you'll need previous experience of working in a leadership support or business management role. You'll have strong organisational and communication skills, and you'll build productive and trusting relationships across our business.
- Be assured in your handling of a variable workload, and be able to prioritise as required
- Be a confident user of Microsoft Office
- Have an emphatic approach when dealing with sensitive or confidential matters
- Have the ability to work professionally and effectively with senior teams
A good understanding of HR processes and business knowledge would be an advantage, but just as important is the enthusiasm to continue developing your expertise in this area.
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 25% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.