- Sector: Financial Services and Investment
- Location: Edinburgh
- Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 61309
The BusinessJoin us in Edinburgh as a Contact Centre Agent
- This role offers an excellent opportunity for you to work in a fast paced business area where you'll directly help our customers
- You'll be joining our Arrears Support Unit (ASU), which aims to provide the bank with a strategic advantage for reducing losses, increasing recovery rates and increasing long term customer value
- You'll be working in a friendly, vibrant environment with a strong team culture
What you'll do
We pride ourselves on successfully coming to the right decision for the business and our customers, which means balancing the need to provide high quality customer service with the need to recover the bank's assets, and you’ll play a crucial part in this process. You’ll have thorough and meaningful conversations with our customers regarding their repayments, listening to and understanding their needs and ensuring they understand every step of the process.
You’ll also be:
- Undertaking a variety of tasks, from the processing of critical customer information to handling the incoming correspondence from branches, business centres and external parties
- Keeping up-to-date and accurate records of vital information, as well as feedback from both customers and internal business partners
- Providing effective resolutions to a range of customer and business queries
- Proactively identifying risks and opportunities to improve our services
Most importantly, you’ll reassure our customers that you're working to resolve their financial difficulties and get them back on track.
The skills you'll need
You’ll need to be a people person, with great listening and communicating capabilities, but also someone who can be resilient in challenging situations.
Along with this, you'll need:
- To be highly organised, and demonstrate the desire for self development
- The ability to multi-task, as you’ll often be calculating and processing information while talking to our customers
- To lead the way by displaying flexibility, and a positive attitude towards change
Previous experience working in a contact centre would certainly be advantageous, as would an understanding of loans, mortgage products and debt management practices.
What else you need to know
You'll be required to work a shift pattern which will cover 9am - 8pm Monday - Friday, and 9am - 1pm on Saturdays.
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 25% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
For more information on our benefits, please visit our website.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles, find out more here.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.