The BusinessWe're looking for a Lead Engineer - SAS to join us in Edinburgh
- Join our Analytics Infrastructure team, within our broader Technology function
- You'll have the opportunity to select and define the technology we use, as you help us keep up to speed in an ever changing world of IT by improving our development, testing and deployment process
- It's a chance to apply both your development and creative skills to create unique solutions
What you'll do
Being the key decision maker of the success of SAS technology across the bank, you'll work with a team of Enterprise Architects to define the place SAS technology will take within the technology landscape, and how it will interact with other products and technologies.
- Thinking outside the box and adopting an innovative approach when it comes to technology adoption and service improvement work
- Involved in a variety of projects, where you'll have real scope to shape the project roadmap and influence the way products are selected and adopted within the bank
- Recognised as a custodian for the Technology standards developed for the SAS technology
The skills you'll need
Essentially you'll need an in-depth understanding of the SAS Grid internals, including SAS Visual Analytics. This will be supported by your general and current knowledge of technology, particularly in relation to technology deployment in Financial Services, or other innovative technology users. Unix scripting experience will be key, as well as knowledge of project management. You'll also have experience implementing technology within large infrastructure environments.
You'll have experience of managing vendor relationships in particular building, maintaining and leveraging technology products and services. You'll be able to influence and lead other technicians, and work closely to achieve high quality solutions. You'll also have IT automation framework knowledge.
You'll need implementation and operational experience within the following areas:
- Shell and Python scripting
- Back up and Recovery practices
- Security best practice
- Monitoring and management practices
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 30% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
For more information on our benefits, please visit our website.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles, find out more here.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.