- Sector: Financial Services and Investment
- Specialism: Customer Service, Financial Services and Investment Admin
- Location: Edinburgh
- Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 59232
The BusinessWe're looking for a Service Analyst - Hadoop to join us in Edinburgh
- Join our Analytics Infrastructure team, part of our wider Technology function, to support a new Big Data platform
- You'll have the opportunity to advance your skills and expertise, as you help us keep up to speed in an ever changing world of IT by improving our development, testing and deployment process
What you'll do
You'll be supporting a newly delivered Big Data platform - the first and biggest Cloudera/Hadoop implementation in the bank.
Your role will involve:
- All aspects of production support, including incident, recovery, problem and change management
- Learning from your colleagues who have a wealth of combined experience supporting Hadoop and SAS technologies, and sharing your own knowledge
- Helping us to continuously improve our service by using your ability to think outside the box when approaching routine tasks, as well as during problems troubleshooting
The skills you'll need
We're looking for someone with a Hadoop platform administration understanding, including HDFS, YARN, Hive and MapReduce. Knowledge of the installation, configuration and support of CDH5.x will be key, as will Unix administration experience. You'll bring practical experience monitoring and tuning Hadoop environments to provide a high availability service.
You'll have a detailed understanding of security models and auditing policies, and a working knowledge of Cloudera proprietary tools.
Alongside this, you'll need implementation and operational experience within the following areas:
- Shell and Python scripting
- Back up and Recovery practices
- Security best practice
- Monitoring and management practices
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 25% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
For more information on our benefits, please visit our website.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.
Location: Edinburgh or Manchester
Closing Date: 21/04/2017
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.