The BusinessJoin us in Belfast or Dublin as a Project Manager
- Joining us in Planning, Transition & Control within Banking Operations, you'll have the opportunity to utilise your understanding of change and project management as you support the overall landing plan and risk management activities across our teams
- You'll be working within a dynamic and constantly evolving environment
- You’ll gain a breadth of exposure to all areas of our business, and you'll also be perfectly positioned to progress your career
- The role is available for a period of 12 months
What you'll do
As Project Manager, you'll have a crucial role to play as you take responsibility for planning and managing the end-to-end delivery of multiple projects, which deliver our strategic and regulatory objectives. Focusing on managing our Risks and Controls, you'll help manage and mobilise across our business teams, the safe and sustainable delivery of projects and business led change. In this pivotal role, you'll manage a number of business risks and help to build our risk culture across the teams.
You'll be working with multiple stakeholders across different businesses and functions, with your remit including direct and matrix people management responsibilities. You'll also be leading a small team, carrying out regular 121s and formal appraisals.
In addition to this, you'll be:
- Forecasting and evaluating internal and external project risks and issues, and developing plans to resolve them accordingly
- Maintaining a clear oversight of all project communications and training plans, ensuring all operation impacts are understood and included in the business case
- Providing coaching, training and development opportunities for your team
The skills you'll need
You should have strong experience in the banking industry, with a good understanding of the both the regulatory and commercial environment in which we operate. You'll also need a proven track record of delivering significant projects to tight deadlines and with strict resource constraints, and managing operational risks. Along with your experience, you should have an extensive knowledge of risk management and project management approaches and techniques. You'll also be adept at planning, monitoring and controlling throughout the project lifecycle.
You'll also need:
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
- Strong organisation and planning skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus a 30% individually tailorable cash and benefit funding programme in Northern Ireland, and 31% in the Republic of Ireland. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
ng-bindingAt RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.