The RequirementsJoin us as a Project Officer in Manchester
- This is an exciting opportunity to help shape the bank and take it forward, where you'll be responsible for improving the planning and delivery process by collecting and maintaining data in a consistent form
- Joining the Portfolio & Planning Team, part of shared solutions, in Functions & Services, Technology - you'll be responsible for supporting the project governance and control including tracking the performance and progress of projects, project financial control and adoption and compliance with bank-wide change standards
- You'll be able to make your mark in this crucial area of our bank - achieving excellent exposure as you progress with us
What you'll do
We'll look to you to implement guidelines, procedures and templates, to collect and maintain consistent data and provide hands-on delivery support to a programme or project. You'll also facilitate the creation and update of programme or project plans as required.
In this role, you'll:
- Support in the identification of where cross-project dependencies exist, and track or monitor these
- Support the project management in the implementation of agreed regular progress-reporting mechanisms for all projects - and thereby monitor routine progress of projects, and assist in the preparation of the programme status and reports
- Establish and maintain an information management system, manage both electronic and hard-copy configuration libraries
- Provide secretariat activities including meeting minutes, input papers to the meetings, ToRs of the meeting and communications to stakeholders
- Ensure and drive quality assurance activities for various project deliverables, and maintain project repositories (SharePoint), ensuring compliance to established processes
- Apply and support RBS's P3M (Portfolio, Programme, Project and Resource Management) standard process by understanding the development lifecycles and minimum mandatory requirements as well as an awareness of Agile and other methodology (where appropriate)
- Establish risk, issue and change-control processes and templates, and assist the programme and project team in its delivery
- Manage or facilitate the quality review process for programmes or projects, and support work reception, early sizing of projects and resource allocation
The skills you'll need
You ideally have experience of Agile methodology, and experience in a PMO or project support role.
You'll also have knowledge or experience of:
- Project types and the project lifecycle
- RBS Change Framework (P3M)
- Tools such as MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, MSP), Planview, Oracle, SharePoint)
- RBS Process and procedures, RBS Risk Frameworks
You'll also have excellent communication, organisation and relevant stakeholder skills.
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 25% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.