Marine Harvest Fish Feed (MHFF) is one of the newest divisions within Marine Harvest. Having started manufacturing in June 2014, MHFF has quickly established itself as a competitive supplier of salmon feed playing a key role in supporting Marine Harvest Farming Operations in its delivery of high quality, nutritious, safe and profitable salmon. Currently operating from its new factory in the Trøndelag Region of Norway, MHFF produced in excess of 310,000 tonnes of salmon feed in 2017.
In February 2017, permission to open a second fish feed plant on the Isle of Skye in Scotland was granted. This second plant which will open in late summer 2018 will manufacture a broad portfolio of conventional and organic feeds for both fresh and seawater phases of salmon growth in Scotland, Ireland, Faeroes and in Norway.
We are seeking an experienced and highly motivated Feed Plant Manager. The primary focus of the role will be to oversee the operations of our Feed Plant with overall responsibility for the property, plant, equipment and staff associated with the plant. Based at Kyleakin, Isle of Skye, you will report primarily to the Director of Feed and Processing whilst working closely with the Production, Maintenance and Logistics Managers.
- Oversee the production of feed to ensure consistency and quality standards are met
- Manage inventory of all feed ingredients
- Responsible for plant cleanliness, appearance and ground maintenance
- Provide leadership, development, and supervision for feed mill employees
- Schedule all staff and manage employee time off requests
- Participate in personnel selection and training of new employees
- Adhere to all safety protocols and advocate a safe work environment
- Participate in Safety Committee and conduct monthly department safety meetings
Candidates should be qualified to degree level in aquaculture, feed & nutrition or feed mill management. In addition, they should have five or more years of feed operations and manufacturing experience, strong mechanical skills, proficient computer skills and a solid understanding of safety protocols.
The post will attract a highly competitive remuneration package which will include a relocation allowance. A full clean driving licence is essential.
Please apply at ;by 31 August 2017