- Sector: Financial Services and Investment
- Specialism: Investment Management, Management
- Location: Edinburgh
- Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 60569
The BusinessWe're looking for a Production Management Analyst - CICS to join us in Edinburgh
- You'll provide overall support for the CICS platform and work on new projects involving the CICS infrastructure
- You'll enjoy a very flexible working pattern
- It's an opportunity to work on high profile projects, with plenty of exposure across the bank
What you'll do
Working on CICS infrastructure projects, you'll pick up work at testing stage, and implement it into production, and provide overall support for the CICS platform. This will involve installing and upgrading all of the banks CICS subsystems and third party software. With a proactive approach you'll monitor the performance of all the CICS subsystems to make sure they perform efficiently, and you'll carry out recovery and system tuning when needed.
text-align: justify;In this role you'll also:
- Support the development and maintenance of approved standards, guidelines, policies and procedures that show how CICS should be used
- Help to implement CICS application infrastructure into the production environment
- Be a point of reference for advice, guidance and consultancy on areas of application design
- Evaluate, maintain and support CICS third party utility software
- Liaise with application teams and project managers to implement new projects as per the designs
The skills you'll need
You'll have CICS experience, and bring some Mainframe experience or Linux training along with CPSM and BAS knowledge. You'll need exceptional stakeholder management and communication skills as you'll be working closely with Project Managers to meet tight deadlines.
It would also be beneficial to demonstrate:
- Knowledge of Network Protocols such as SNA and TCP/IP
- Knowledge and experience of using SysView
- The ability to deliver under pressure
- The ability to stay up to date with emerging technologies across a complex set of IT architectures and identify potential opportunities
What else you need to know
This role is based in Edinburgh, and will open on 24/07/2017 and close on 22/08/2017.
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 25% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
ng-bindingAt RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.