- Sector: Financial Services and Investment
- Specialism: Customer Service, Financial Services and Investment Admin
- Location: Edinburgh
- Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 63437
The BusinessWe're looking for a Portfolio Manager - Network Services to join us in Edinburgh
- You'll be managing several vendors across a range of different projects across the bank
- You'll thrive in a challenging and interesting role, where you'll have an opportunity to work in a large scale enterprise with lots of exciting opportunities, and work across a broad range of projects
What you'll do
Network Services manages the bank's outsourced model of suppliers in Network and Voice products. We have a heavily outsourced model and for any changes that happen across the bank to Network, Firewall and Voice products, this team act as the consultant to our vendors.
You'll manage three main vendors and two sub vendors, with your role sitting across anything from 20-50 different projects within the bank, and you'll act as the stakeholder for the bank to our suppliers. You'll use ITIL and Project delivery principles to make sure projects are delivered successfully, and draw on your technical knowledge to make sure the Statement of Works from vendors are accurate and fit for purpose.
Additionally your role will involve:
- Providing projects engagement, consultancy and technical guidance between Network Services and Projects
- Defining and shaping the Networks project pipeline and Service Improvement initiatives
- Managing and overseeing the Operational Readiness and Service Acceptance process for projects handing over to Network Services
- Shaping, mobilising and tracking the portfolio of projects
The skills you'll need
We're looking for someone with a technical background in Networks, Firewalls or Voice, along with a service delivery background. ITIL or Prince 2 qualifications would also be beneficial, and ideally large scale Enterprise experience with a large outsourced model.
- A strong background in delivery
- Excellent stakeholder management and communication skills
- Strong commercial awareness
- The ability to read Statements of Work and negotiate on terms and predictions
- Ideally, portfolio management experience
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 30% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
ng-bindingAt RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.