- Sector: Aquaculture
- Location: Isle of Skye
- Hours: Full Time Permanent
- Contact: Vicky Ferguson
- Reference: Feed Plant Vacancies - Kyleakin, Isle of Skye
Marine Harvest is one of the largest seafood companies in the world, and the world’s largest producer of Atlantic salmon. The company employs 12,717 people globally, and is represented in 24 countries. In 2016 the company had a turnover of EUR 3.6 billion.
Marine Harvest Fish Feed (MHFF) is one of the newest divisions within Marine Harvest. Having started manufacturing in June 2014, MHFF has quickly established itself as a competitive supplier of salmon feed playing a key role in supporting Marine Harvest Farming Operations in its delivery of high quality, safe and nutritious salmon.
MHFF currently operates from its factory at Bjugn in the Trøndelag Region of Norway. In February 2017, permission to open a second fish feed plant on the Isle of Skye in Scotland was granted. Our second plant which will open in late summer 2018 will manufacture a broad portfolio of conventional and organic feeds for both fresh and seawater phases of salmon growth in Scotland and export these same products to Ireland, the Faroe Islands and Norway.
The state of the art feed plant will employ 55 people in a diverse range of permanent jobs and will be one of the most efficient and sustainable fish feed plants globally. We are looking to employ all 55 staff during the next nine months with some key positions recruited as early as August. Extensive training will be required and may take place locally or at our existing feed plant in Trøndelag.
The positions available include the following:
- Feed Plant Manager – Responsible for the property, plant, equipment and staff
- Production Manager – Responsible for the daily production
- Logistics Manager – Responsible for warehousing and vessel loading
- Maintenance Manager – Planning of preventative Maintenance
- QA Manager - Quality systems, raw materials and finished products
- Production Assistant and Technicians
- Logistics Assistant and Technicians
- H&S Co-ordinator
Some of the above posts are already advertised and the remaining will be advertised in due course.
If you are interested in applying please apply at
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.