The BusinessJoin us in Edinburgh as a Supply Chain Manager
- This is a multi-faceted role in which you'll be managing both the sourcing and the contract management side of our Property and Operations supply chain
- You'll proactively support the development and delivery of innovative supply chain solutions that give RBS a competitive advantage
- The work you do will improve the experience our customers have with us, and align with the bank's cost, simplification and risk appetite expectations
- This role offers excellent exposure to an array of stakeholders and you'll enjoy significant variety as there are five tiers of suppliers
What you'll do
As a Supply Chain Manager, we'll look to you to provide vital input to the development of 'joined-up' supply chain strategies and solutions that incorporate the full contract life-cycle across assigned spend category(s), geographies and business areas within the bank.
You'll develop and use strong networks across the supply market to bring thought leadership, deep insights and innovative supply chain solutions. You'll then support the development and management of the bank’s supply base in line with RBS objectives, including owning and managing specific key suppliers, identifying potential new suppliers, managing and improving supplier performance and continually evolving supplier services.
In addition to this, you'll:
- Execute the stakeholder management strategy for owned categories and businesses, developing strong relationships with stakeholders across the bank
- Build a very deep understanding of the business areas within the bank that are relevant to successful supply chain strategy execution and deliver supply chain solutions that meet their requirements
- Deliver robust commercial deals for the bank, making sure risk is managed effectively, and contributing to the overall reduction of the bank's cost base
The skills you'll need
To succeed in this role, you'll need to be able to demonstrate strong experience in supply chain, ideally across a variety of spend categories, industries and organisations. Paired with this, you'll have excellent commodity and supply market knowledge across a variety of spend categories.
It's also essential that you have:
- Knowledge of contract law and legal knowledge relevant to supply chain
- Experience in supply chain skills and techniques including category management, contract negotiation and management, supplier selection and management
- Experience in leading and managing strategic and business critical supplier relationships and contracts
- Experience in cost and financial management
- A degree, ideally holding a relevant professional qualification (for example CIPS or equivalent)
On a more personal level, you'll have excellent communication, interpersonal, and team-working skills, able to create an environment that motivates and empowers others to deliver an exceptional client experience. You'll be a creative thinker with an innovative and entrepreneurial mind set, and possess the ability to develop a solution from idea to implementation.
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 30% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.